Payroll Specialist at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to play an integral role on the Payroll team, ensuring the accurate processing of the Company’s domestic and international payrolls. The successful candidate must have strong attention to detail, be highly analytical, and be organized. Additionally, this person will be an energetic, hands-on individual who can embrace organizational change and work collaboratively with others. This position reports to the Manager, Payroll.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Process U.S., Canada, and Europe payrolls accurately, timely, and efficiently in compliance with federal, state/provincial, local, and regulatory requirements.
- Work with the People Operations team to ensure payroll is complete and accurate.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Fulfill audit, tax and budgeting requirements as needed.
- Facilitate process improvements to operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency.
- Participate in ad-hoc accounting and finance projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred.
- Hands-on experience with ADP Workforce Now.
- Ability to resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Understanding of payroll journal entries and accounting process, including balance sheet reconciliations.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and using financial Excel functions).
- Ability to execute and follow through to completion and documentation.
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Ability to function independently and effectively in a self-directed environment.
- Excellent time-management and organization skills.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!