The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
The Payroll Coordinator will possess the advanced technical abilities to reconcile accounts, transmit files, and process garnishments in an accurate and efficient manner. The person should be able to recognize problems during the processing of payrolls. They should have a good working knowledge of payroll and tax laws for this position.
- Handle the accurate and timely processing of payments to employees including maintaining certain employee pay related data, garnishments, taxes, deductions and resignations. This person will also be responsible for pulling, reconciling and balancing time from the Time & Attendance system into the payroll system.
- Respond to customers (employees) inquiries and issues for timely resolution in professional manner.
- Balance deduction accounts and create check requests.
- Create upload files for various earnings/deductions.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years of payroll experience in a business environment is highly preferred.
- A degree from a 2 or 4 year school is preferred. Consideration may be given for specialized training in payroll, accounting or other business procedures in place of experience including professional designations such as C.P.P.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Excellent Computer skills are required.
- Some knowledge/understanding of tax laws is highly preferred.
- Good communication skills and problem solving are required.
- Ultimate Software experience is a plus.
We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
More Information on Protective Life
Protective Life operates in the Insurance industry. The company is located in Birmingham, AL. Protective Life was founded in 2022. It has 2912 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 56 open jobs at Protective Life, click here.
Read Full Job Description