Medely is the largest workforce management platform specializing in delivering healthcare professionals through an on demand marketplace. As an economic empowerment engine, Medely allows healthcare professionals instant access to high paying jobs with the freedom and flexibility to work when/where they want, while providing healthcare facilities access to the largest on-demand network of ready to work healthcare professionals.
We believe that empowering healthcare professionals will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly higher quality to patient care. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the way healthcare staffing is done. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today’s toughest challenges in healthcare.
- Founded in 2016 and having recently secured their Series B, Medely is facing explosive growth in a $3.65 trillion U.S. healthcare market ripe for tech disruption (Forbes, 2019).
- Medely’s staffing platform provides high quality, on-demand professionals to more than four thousand healthcare facilities in over 50 U.S. markets. Their network boasts over sixty thousand selectively vetted and credentialed healthcare professionals including nurses, medical assistants, technicians, and specialists.
- Medely has consistently exceeded growth goals and is excited to continue the momentum in 2022!
THE OPPORTUNITY: Payroll Coordinator - Be part of our growing company by joining the Medely Finance team! We are looking for someone who can accurately and efficiently assist with the payroll processing and audits, be the primary point of contact for all customer/employee related payroll questions and provide accounting support where needed. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of relevant experience, excellent attention to detail, a passion for customer service, strong payroll ethics, the ability to manage confidential information and a desire to be a part of a fast growing mission driven company.
What you will do
- Process semi monthly payroll for employees and provide backup support for weekly payroll processing for Frontline Health, a wholly owned subsidiary of Medely, Inc.
- Assist in the weekly onboarding/offboarding process
- Provide outstanding customer service to employees with questions relating to payroll, timesheets and payroll taxes
- Act as a point of contact with our payroll provider to ensure accurate processing, resolution of any technical issues and timely and accurate filings.
- Build and run payroll reports as needed
- Identify and recommend process improvements that will make the payroll more efficient as we continue to grow.
- Other accounting duties as assigned
The candidate we hire will have
- 2+ Years experience with payroll processing and payroll tax compliance research that directly relates to the specific responsibilities of this position.
- Bachelor's degree
- The ability to work independently, be highly motivated, and committed to our customers, their team and to the mission of the company
- Knowledge of federal and state tax regulations, FLSA and other federal and state regulations governing payroll procedures
- Respond to verifications of employment in a timely manner
- Maintain and update employee records in the HRIS system
- Prior experience with payroll systems, with Paylocity experience strongly preferred
- Comfortable using a wide variety of the technology applications and is excited by the idea of learning to work with new ones
In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the expected base salary range for this role in Colorado is $20.00 to $25.00 per hour.
This position may be eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: equity, bonus, health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits. Actual compensation will be determined by experience and other factors permitted by law. Connecticut, Ohio, Rhode Island, Nevada, NYC, Maryland and Washington all have compensation laws typically requiring that the compensation is disclosed after the first round of interviews.
WHY MEDELY: BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive Compensation: Based on experience and performance
- Long Term Incentives: 401k
- Healthcare Benefits: Full suite of benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexibility: We believe that work/life balance is important, so we offer three weeks of vacation and ten paid holidays
- Energetic team environment
- Purpose: Join a growing mission-oriented startup that is modernizing the healthcare industry on a national scale!
- Ownership: Drive meaningful business impact on a team that you’ll help build and define!
- Remote: Work in a digital environment with all the tools to achieve your work as though you were in the office!
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Work location is flexible if approved by Medely.
Medely does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. We consider any resume (CV) or biography received from an agency or outside recruiter without prior approval from a member of the Medely Human Resources or Recruiting team to be unsolicited and gratuitous, and such submissions will not be recognized by Medely for purposes of “ownership” of the candidate.
Read Full Job Description