Lightcast is the world’s best labor market data available to professionals in higher education, economic development, workforce investment, talent acquisition, and site selection. Our data, which covers more than 99% of the workforce, is compiled from a wide variety of government sources, job postings, and online profiles and résumés. Our amazing clients use Lightcast data to solve a variety of problems: align programs with regional needs, equip students with career visions, understand regional economic and workforce activity, and find and hire the right talent. We serve clients across the US, the UK, and Australia. Headquartered in Moscow, Idaho, in the heart of the beautiful Palouse region, Lightcast also has offices around the US and in the UK.
The Payroll and Benefits Manager role at Lightcast reports directly to the Controller and is highly involved in managing all Lightcast’s compensation and benefits programs. Lightcast is looking for a highly organized and motivated individual with strong interpersonal and written communication skills and a strong connection with our company’s core values.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure that employee payroll processing complies with federal and state laws.
- Assist in payroll accounting, transactions, reporting, stop payments and other operations.
- Review payroll reports and timesheets for correctness before payroll transactions.
- Ensure that employee payroll is processed accurately and timely.
- Oversee salary changes, commissions, deductions, bonus, vacations payouts, and benefits for employees.
- Calculates commissions for eligible employees.
- Provide job training and mentor team members as needed.
- Assist in payroll and timesheet audit activities.
- Assist in tax calculations and filing activities as per IRS regulations.
- Respond to payroll queries from employees in a timely manner.
- Analyze payroll issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Maintain payroll system up-to-date and accurate.
- Maintain employee payroll records and timesheet data for future references.
- Set-up payroll arrangements for new hires and terminate ex-employee profiles.
- Assist new employees with payroll and benefits onboarding.
- Manage benefit plans including annual open enrollment, retirement plans, and employee education.
- Ensure benefit plans comply with federal and state laws.
- Assist with annual compliance audits, testing, and reporting associated with benefit plans.
What You'll Need to Apply
- A successful candidate possesses attention to detail, data entry, and multitasking skills.
- The Payroll and Benefits Manager interacts with employees, payroll and benefits vendors, and new hires on a daily basis, so the ability to interact in a professional manner at all times is necessary.
- The ideal candidate also makes systematic and consistent efforts to ensure Lightcast’s resources surrounding employees are accurately recorded and efficiently stewarded.
- A degree isn’t mandatory, but an understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting skills is required.
- A degree or formal training in the following subjects would be beneficial:
Finance or Economics
ADP Payroll Systems
Some of the Perks our Team Members Enjoy:
- You’ll be a valued member of a supportive and talented team
- Career Development Opportunities
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedule
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- 401k with match
- Generous PTO (Including the week between Christmas and New Year’s off!!)
- Life Insurance Options
The ideal candidate will share our core values which include:
· Partnering with Customers
· Operate as a Team
· Sustain our Company
· Work with Gratitude
Lightcast is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
More Information on Emsi Burning Glass
Emsi Burning Glass operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Moscow, ID and Boston, MA. Emsi Burning Glass was founded in 2000. It has 343 total employees. To see all 25 open jobs at Emsi Burning Glass, click here.
Read Full Job Description