Manager, Regional Human Resources Operations (Regional in US Ops.)
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Manages the employee and labor relations functions and activities for salaried, exempt and non-exempt, and hourly, non-union and union represented, employees for multiple plants in Ball Beverage Packaging North & Central America.
What you will be responsible for:
- Promotes and encourages appropriate communication between employees and management.
- Ensures close-working relationships with plant human resources managers at all plants to serve as a resource to them on all employee relations and labor-management issues.
- Assists plant human resources departments in various tasks, assignments, and projects upon request.
- Provides coaching on employee performance, disciplinary actions, terminations, rules and policies interpretation, workplace threats and violence, and contract or handbook interpretation.
- Keeps current with plant performance, sales, customer, and employee issues at executive and plant level.
- Oversees the implementation of human resources programs through plant HR staff and personal efforts.
- Plans, organizes, consults with management and participates as spokesperson for all labor contracts and other negotiations.
- Provides direct support on labor relations issues involving contract interpretation, union management relations, training to plant management regarding contract application and grievance procedures.
- Maintains excellent business relationships with all associated international union representatives.
- Reads, reviews, and reports to management on court cases, arbitration decisions, legislation and labor trends, which may have a direct impact upon group operations.
- Maintains and enhances professional knowledge and skill base through training and research.
- Ensures conformity to legal, corporate, and group requirements and practices by conducting reviews of human resources practices at plants.
- Acts as a champion for diversity, promotes healthy work environment through actions and behaviors.
- Supports and ensures compliance and timely execution of corporate and division initiatives.
What we are looking for:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 8 years minimum, managing HR in a manufacturing or industrial multi-state, multi-site environment
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: SHRM SCP, preferred, Masters or MBA preferred
- Employee Relations, labor relations, union avoidance, union-management relations, negotiation of labor contracts, contract construction and enforcement, discipline administration, arbitration and conflict resolution, regulatory and legal compliance at Federal, State, Provincial, and local levels.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 98,500 - 150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans