Manager, People Relations at Bankers Healthcare Group (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:19 p.m. (CST) on Friday, September 23, 2022
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then BHG Financial is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 20 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are:
BHG Financial is looking for a self‐driven, autonomous and ambitious individual with the ability and willingness to support our People Relations department. You will experience working in a high‐energy environment while continuing to gain extensive knowledge of the financial industry, in addition to our People Development function here in the organization.
What You'll Do
- Analyzes information and data necessary to define and discern cost and policy implications of negotiations and disputes. This may include management and union proposals, pay scales and wages, benefits, working conditions, and other mitigating circumstances.
- Uses surveys, interviews, and other studies to conduct research regarding human resource policies, compensation, and other employment issues. After analyzing the information, makes recommendations on changes.
- Researches and explains laws and legal affairs concerning employment to managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Advises and trains managers and supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing supervisor problems and employee grievances. Develops further training as needed.
- Collaborates with leadership on matters of policy and terms of memoranda of understanding before and throughout negotiation process.
- Collaborates with legal counsel and departments in the preparation for and participation in negotiation with employee and labor groups.
- Oversee and Handle calls, email or other written or verbal communication based on BHG’s open-door procedures.
- Provide employee relations and corrective action guidance and support to the Leadership and Management teams.
- Oversee, review and approve progressive disciplinary notices. Escalate bypassing of progressive steps and/or terminations of employment to HR Leadership for review and approval.
- Interpret Progressive Discipline Policy and other employment related policies to ensure consistent and fair application for improved employee morale and attainment of objectives.
- Oversees opportunities for policy and process improvement to PD Leadership. Update Employee Handbook accordingly.
- Conduct ongoing employee relations training with PD Business Partner, Management, and Leadership teams.
- Respond to and partner with appropriate managers, to investigate internal claims of harassment, discrimination, workplace violence and other serious policy violations.
- Assess the merits of a case based on facts and other findings from the investigation.
- Recommend solutions for resolution of claim that are balanced with company policy and state & federal law.
- Provide guidance in regards to employment background checks in compliance with federal and state law, as required.
- Assist the PD Leadership team with various special projects, as assigned.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Employee Relations, Human Resources or related field required.
- 7+ years of professional human resource administration, including two years in employee relations preferred OR its equivalent through training, education, and other experience.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of state and federal laws concerning labor relations.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Thorough understanding of negotiation techniques.
- Thorough understanding of dispute resolution and compensation administration.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We have a healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top-down, our leaders are actively involved not only in strategic oversight and running the business, but also in the wellbeing and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset, and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new opportunities for personal and professional development.
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
· 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
· Competitive PTO and vacation policies
· Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
· On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
· Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
· Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
· Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
** All Remote employees at BHG Financial are required to work within the United States of America.
BHG Financial is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. BHG Financial is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
More Information on Bankers Healthcare Group
Bankers Healthcare Group operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in Davie, FL, Syracuse, NY and Syracuse, NY. Bankers Healthcare Group was founded in 2001. It has 983 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 91 open jobs at Bankers Healthcare Group, click here.
Read Full Job Description