Manager, Learning & Development at Homebase
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. We are not Human Capital Management. We are not HR Software. We’re tools built for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on paperwork and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
You have a proven track record of elevating Service and Sales teams in high-growth companies; developing the training, materials, and processes needed to drive team efficiency, success, and customer satisfaction. You're a self-starter who can create scalable programs, work with little direction, deliver measurable increases in productivity, and are excited about the opportunity to shape the development of our quickly growing team.
As the Manager of Learning & Development at Homebase you will be a crucial part of our Customer Experience team. You will create and execute the learning and development agenda for our Customer Care and Sales teams. You will ensure these programs enable our team to delight Homebase customers and drive sustained growth. You will be the architect of our employee enablement programs - organizing our knowledge, delivering highly effective training, and ensuring adoption through quality assurance programs.
- Be an effective leader of our Learning & Development team, teaching and inspiring our CX teams to do their best work and fully reach their potential.
- Develop and implement the strategy and roadmap of L&D, performance, and enablement programs and processes.
- Direct the activities of our Enablement team to create amazing training experiences, make knowledge accessible, and enforce a quality standard across customer-facing teams.
- Bring industry best practices (and develop new ones) to be sure our learning programs are innovative, smart, effective, and scalable.
- Oversee the administration of our Learning Management System and implement, manage and modify software utilization based on changing business requirements
- Conduct needs analyses to identify knowledge and skill gaps and prioritize development as necessary
- Drive improvements in training programs and processes, applying success metrics for analysis of program effectiveness
- Serve as a trainer and facilitator as needed, applying advanced knowledge and expertise to complex programming
- Manage data and analytics related to training and enablement programs, effectively translating data into action
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to deliver training courses and online modules
- Instructional Design; develop comprehensive curricula and training materials such as slide presentations, participant manuals, sales guides, and reinforcement tools.
- Establish benchmark milestones and evaluation strategies to measure the effectiveness of our L&D strategy and its outputs and to drive improvements
- 3+ years of professional experience in B2B SaaS sales training, learning & development or enablement required, including experience in a high-growth environment
- SaaS/B2B sales experience preferred, with proven success meeting objectives
- Desire to build a training program from the ground up with a high degree of ownership
- Deep passion for building customer relationships and coaching
- Engaging presenter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to command the room during training activities
- Ability to create high-quality content autonomously
- Strong analytical skills and technical capabilities
- Comfortable operating with limited oversight
- Ability to execute under swift deadlines - must love moving fast and being flexible
- Gets shit done - Moves quickly and with urgency to deliver results. Strong bias to action.
- Strong work ethic - Willing to work hard and put in the time to accomplish outsized goals.
- Learning mindset - Proactive in personal development. Highly curious and driven to learn.
- Sets a high bar - Expects personal and team performances to be world-class.
- Humble - Delivers exceptional results without an ego. Shares credit broadly.
- Team Player - Collaborative. Motivates and creates positive environments for colleagues and teams.
What We Offer You
- Annual Holidays and Accrued PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee 401k
- Stock Options - Everyone is an owner
- Fun Team Activities
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team that is thriving while working from home and who have found new ways to connect and have fun despite social distancing
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.