Manager, Human Resources at Instrument (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:51 p.m. (CST) on Friday, July 8, 2022
Instrument is a digital product and brand experience agency of more than 400 talented people on a dozen different teams, each focused on particular clients and dedicated to producing best-in-class work. Our shift to a remote-first model has only strengthened and diversified our company culture, and we’re committed to career advancement, personal support, and a healthy work/life balance for everyone we hire.
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to be based in our Portland, Oregon headquarters. This position will be a hybrid combination of working onsite and remotely and will require you to be located in the Portland area (or within close proximity). Proof of vaccination and PPE is required for this position.
As a Manager of Human Resources, you will work directly with Instrument employees to ensure understanding and support with several processes and policies that directly impact them. You are acutely aware of the balance between policies, procedures, care, and support of our employees and act accordingly day to day.
What You'll Do
- Implement and support company policies that promote a healthy, inclusive work environment. Continually evaluate and identify ways to evolve and improve policies and procedures
- Support the Director of HR in maintenance of the Employee Handbook and facilitate annual signatures and training on updates to the handbook
- Support safety of our employees by maintaining policies that are accurate and essential for environmental risks, illness, etc.
- Consistently evaluate our HR procedures to ensure compliance with local, state and federal labor regulations. With every new hire, ensure we are in compliance with their local and state guidelines
- Work with the Director of Human Resources to create and maintain a leave management system for Instrument
- Including compliance with FMLA and other state regulations related to leave management
- Provide ongoing support for employees related to their leave needs, with timely and thoughtful responses
- Understand how leave management is managed on the backend systems, including tracking in our HRIS and internal financial tracking systems
- Act as a neutral resource/advisor for employees who have sensitive or confidential issues/reports to make
- Investigate internal incidents promptly, with professionalism and thoughtfulness in the forefront of your mind
- Support the Director Human Resources with preparation of employee separation notices and related documentation, conducting exit interviews to determine and track reasons behind employee exits
- Maintain understanding of our benefits, compensation and total rewards offerings and implementation strategies
- Offer support and coverage as needed to maintain the highest level of support to our employees within these processes
- Establish trustworthy relationships with employees as a point of support for them to discuss any of their needs or concerns
- Consistently make decisions that maintain equity and equitable practices across the company, in opportunity and offerings
- Approach your work with an open, flexible outlook and a focus on effective influence
- Engage with a high level of emotional maturity and awareness, utilizing multiple styles of communication and influence to come to the best result
- Maximize your time and output by thinking creatively: working smarter, not harderOperate with professionalism and confidentiality
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field strongly desired
- At least 4+ years of experience in a role that works directly with people: management, human resources, mentorship, coaching, talent management, etc.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired
What We Offer
Remote Work Environment
Competitive Compensation, learn more about our compensation philosophy here
Pay Equity Practices & Transparency
Intentional Career Development (ongoing & for each stage of your growth)
Annual Profit Sharing
401(k) Matching with Immediate Vesting
Comprehensive Medical (including Mental Health coverage), Vision, and Dental Insurance (effective your first day)
Meaningful Time Away Policies & Practices
Volunteer Time Off
Monthly Wellbeing & WFH Stipend
Annual Professional Development Budget
For more benefit details, check out Being Here
More Information on Instrument
Instrument operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Portland, OR. Instrument was founded in 2002. It has 411 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 12 open jobs at Instrument, click here.
Read Full Job Description