Learning & Performance Manager (12 month FTC) (Remote) at Informa
Informa PLC is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
Our purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs, and take better informed decisions. Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with around 10,000 colleagues working in over 35 countries.
Each of our five operating divisions has a distinct focus:
Informa Connect aims to provide expert content you cannot Google, and access to specialist networks and communities, through major branded annual events and specialist digital communities and content services.
Informa Intelligence provides specialist digital information and data products, consultancy and research services to over 25,000 business worldwide, helping companies make better informed decisions and gain competitive edge.
Informa Markets creates global platforms for industries, specialist markets and customers to trade, innovate and grow, delivering over 550 events annually, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions.
Informa Tech aims to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world by providing research, media, training and events to specialist technology communities worldwide.
Taylor & Francis commissions, curates, produces and publishes scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, advancing research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.
Our sixth division is Global Support, which provides shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions. This role will be working on Global Support projects 80-90%, plus Informa Group wide prioritized initiatives (10-20%).Job Description
The Learning and Performance Manager will drive the Learning, Development and Performance strategy for the Global Support division to ensure we are meeting the learning, capability and performance development needs of our business. This will include co-responsibility for the L&D budget, and vendor relationships. It will also involve working on prioritised group wide projects.
They will be actively engaged with identifying business needs, and creating and sourcing the most effective solutions to meet those needs, whether it be through training, workshops, toolkits, videos, coaching line managers etc.
As part of the Global Support division and the wider Learning and Performance community (across other divisions), they will also play a key role in Group wide initiatives and ensuring scalability of solutions at group and global levels.
The role is part of a Learning and Performance function that covers Learning and Development, Performance Management, Talent Management and OD. It requires strong collaboration and connectivity with the HRBP organisation and other HR specialists including Reward, OD and Talent Acquisition to bring the best of collective expertise to the business as one global HR team.
Global Support is ‘the team behind the team’, comprising a central, global team of experts from different specialist functions. The Division provides business services to the four Operating Divisions, and the governance and leadership that underpins the Group.
Informa Group Onboarding Project (10-20%)
In partnership with the Informa Group Onboarding Project Team, help shape the new and highly prioritized Onboarding Programme, aimed at accelerating performance and consolidating engagement of approx. 1500 new starters/ year
- Participate in the design of cross-divisional learning events
- Coordinate the rollout of the various blended learning activities included in the onboarding learning pathway, in partnership with our Orientation Team
- Support vendor relationships, including quality control
- Contribute to the analysis of onboarding learning and engagement insights and coordinate the submission to our Data & Insights Onboarding Team
L&P Strategy Input (10%)
- In partnership with Head of L&P and the Division, help shape our leadership, management and talent approach
- Build out and own our functional curriculum portfolio
- Develop and roll out a targeted career progression approach
- Design and own our Absorb LMS and LinkedIn Learning strategies
- Participate in the build and implementation of MyTalent, our performance management system
- Support our community of wellbeing champions in identifying opportunities to improve the wellbeing of our Global Support colleagues.
- Improve understanding of our inclusive leadership and talent approach at all levels across the organisation and support leaders and managers in ensuring that they demonstrate the desired behaviours consistently
Design and Delivery of Training (40-50%)
- End-to-end design and delivery of a comprehensive blended Management Essentials learning curriculum for various functions
- Co-create bespoke team development programmes to improve accountability and attention to results
- Build bespoke and highly effective talent solutions, ensuring they are relevant and appropriate to both business and individual objectives
- Design and deliver the Global Support onboarding activities and guidelines to complement our Informa Group Onboarding Programme
- Deliver our regular performance management and development planning related webinars and ad hoc training
- Coordinate across the Group L&P function to share content and courses and deliver them for Global Support as needed; potentially deliver courses for other Informa colleagues where shared courses are offered
- Partner with third party trainers to articulate the needs and coordinate the delivery and implementation of trainings
- Apply a D&I and Wellbeing lens to everything we do
Own and run learning systems (10%)
- Act as subject matter expert for our LMS Absorb, rolling it out for Global Support and coordinating activity across the Group L&P function including building new and leveraging existing programs, data uploads, reporting, analysing, etc.
- Manage the LinkedIn Learning strategy and partnership for Global Support and internally, promote the courses and learning, and set and report on metrics
- Global Support internal website (‘Portal’) creation and maintenance on topics related to learning, performance, D&I and wellbeing.
- Manage the learning inbox relating to your client groups, including answering questions and resolving queries
- Support various Informa Group initiatives and other projects
- Attend conferences, trainings and other development as required
Experience & Qualifications
- Solid understanding of, and experience with, the latest techniques used in the science of learning, behaviour change and motivation
- Experience facilitation, coaching and training skills – in-person and virtually
- Blended learning design and programme management
- eLearning content authoring experience
- Performance consulting
- Career and talent development
- Strong relationship management across a diverse group of stakeholders
- Natural ability to influence and inspire people to act and be accountable for growth and performance improvement
- Personality profiling/ psychometrics practitioner (eg Facet5)
- LMS experience
- Coaching and/or Mentoring programme experience
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Season ticket loan & Cycle2work
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- Eye care and childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 27 days after 2 years, plus an extra day off for your birthday and another for raising money for charity!
- Bonus leave for getting married and moving house
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, mentoring and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- Informa offers a £250 Healthy Lifestyle subsidy to spend on fitness activities and classes
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
- Flexible working and access to a modern office in a central location
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.