At Earnest, we believe in a world where paying for your education takes less time than earning your degree. Join us on our mission to empower anyone seeking higher education to reduce the total price tag of their degree, supercharge their ability to pay down student debt, and get on the right financial track fast.
A little background on Earnest: We're a remote first FinTech company with an accomplished team who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
- Build products that simplify the lending process
- Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
Earnest’s culture is as dynamic as the products we’re building and defining every day. We’re a fast-growing company, and that means we’re constantly integrating the new perspectives of every individual.
Earnies define our culture as:
- Earn Happy Customers
- Our success comes from anticipating their needs and providing the solutions they’re looking for.
- Better is Better
- The path to great means getting better every day. We push ourselves, and each other, to remain curious and think differently.
- PhD in Moving Fast
- Our customers are tired of long wait times and large student loan bills so we constantly seek out ways to deliver faster.
- Passion for Challenges
- Perseverance and optimism are just the start to take on the inertia of a national trillion-dollar problem.
- Impact is a Team Sport
- We maximize our impact when we act as one team.
Our Earnie's are fun, innovative, and willing to rollup their sleeves to help their team succeed in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you, and you want to join us on our mission to radically disrupt a trillion dollar fintech industry, keep reading to find out how.
As the Talent Development Manager, you will manage and support critical talent development initiatives for employees at all levels of the organization. You will focus on building and delivering innovative employee experiences in a remote first environment. This includes learning and development programs, employee engagement events and activities. The Talent Development Manager will play a key role in support of our values and culture. This individual will build and deliver learning programs, measure effectiveness of programs, and ensure employee experiences support the company mission, vision, values, and strategy. The Talent Development Manager will have 1 direct report to support coordination of programs.
You will report to the Sr. Manager, Talent Management and you will make the following happen:
- Facilitate employee development topics in both large and intimate group settings.
- Facilitate small group team building sessions for managers and their teams to increase team effectiveness
- Oversee the execution of company-wide engagement events including but not limited to virtual and in person events and activities, examples include ERGs, Picnics, annual Company Wide Offsite, Manager Offsite(s), Earnievation, and Holiday Party(s).
- Effectively facilitate in both virtual and in-person environments.
- Design and develop learning programs to meet identified needs focusing on current trends, best practices, and innovative ways to deliver, measure, and assess learning.
- Coordinate multiple training programs end to end across the company balancing different timelines, priorities, and deliverables.
- Ensure the DIEB efforts for Earnest are embedded in L&D programs.
- Manage the Mentorship Program activities and refresh the program as needed leveraging best practices.
- Create and manage to comprehensive and actionable project plans
- Prioritize, plan, schedule and track projects, maintain deadlines
- Develop and drive our company-wide training calendar
- Provide recommendations and designs and report on project status
- Manage any external and internal vendors in creating learning and experiential components
- Direct management responsibility for a Coordinator role to help schedule, coordinate and execute on programs.
- Matrix leadership responsibilities across the People Team to execute on cross-functional projects
- Conduct an annual comprehensive needs assessment
- Analyze program feedback, participation, key metrics, adjust content/program where needed, and continually look for innovative best practices to improve the learner experience and outcomes.
- Provide regular updates on metrics.
Ideal background and expertise:
- 5+ years of experience in learning and development program management
- 2+ years of experience creating learning content/programs, training activities, and schedule
- Outstanding presentation and facilitation skills
- A consultative approach; the ability to develop rapport and trust with employees at all levels
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, teamwork, and organization skills.
- Strong ability in building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and project management ability.
- Familiar with social and mobile learning tools and methods.
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Able to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple assignments simultaneously
- Proficient in Google (Docs, Sheets, and Slides) and the ability to work with variety of different systems.
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.#LI-SB1