Transfix is on the cusp of a major milestone and growing in exciting ways! In order to hit our ambitious goals, we are looking to bring on a bright, motivational, and engaging Learning & Development Manager to join our growing People Team. Reporting to our Director of People, in this role you will help build out a manager training roadmap, and develop and refine educational content across our company as we continue to grow and scale.
If you are a builder with a passion for developing and facilitating best-in-class in-house Learning & Development programs for managers, team building, and much more, have a knack for bringing together subject matter experts and thought leaders that drive change, and want to be a part of a high growth organization with tons of opportunity, this may just be the perfect role for you… please, keep reading!
Location note: This is a fully remote role, however we are prioritizing candidates in Eastern and Central Time Zones, and proximity to New York, NY or Atlanta, GA is a huge plus!
- Build and develop Learning & Development content, programs, platforms, and processes–for online and in person–for all areas of our organization, starting with manager training and then expanding into other areas of L&D
- Incorporate Adult Learning principles to facilitate training to our employees at all levels, engaging Subject Matter Experts and vendors as needed to drive effective, robust, and scalable Learning & Development programs
- Refine, further develop, and help facilitate onboarding content for new hires
- Support our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals and incorporate those goals into training facilitation, L&D roadmap, and overall strategy–we believe strongly that these things go hand in hand here!
- Create and implement the initial phases and roadmap of leadership development, employee training and general education curriculum programs
- Set KPIs and goals, and track measurable deliverables to understand the effectiveness of our educational efforts as we grow
- Explore, cultivate, manage, and expand vendor relationships as needed
You’re an Excellent Fit for this Role if you Bring:
- 5+ years of Learning & Development experience, both in curriculum design and facilitation, ideally within a fast-paced, growth environment
- Outstanding communication, listening, and presentation skills–you are comfortable in a room or presenting content digitally
- You have the ability to quickly and efficiently synthesize and deliver information in digestible ways
- A strong understanding of adult learning principles, with a demonstrable track record of success in developing, delivering, measuring, and improving L&D programs
- Experience with content development, specifically leveraging Learning Management Systems (LMS) and authoring/curriculum development and management tools
- Strong understanding, and interest in engaging, in the intersection of DEI work with managerial leadership training in trying to foster team environments that are diverse, inclusive and psychologically safe
- A fearlessness when it comes to being creative; you think outside of the box, and are hungry to make real impact and are never content with the status quo
- Willingness and ability to travel to New York and/or Atlanta up to 20%
You’re a Mile Ahead if You Have (Not required, but nice to have!)
- Experience with and/or exposure to eLearning tools such as Captivate, Schoox, Articulate, or something similar
What You can Expect from Transfix
- This is a fully remote role, however we are prioritizing candidates in Eastern and Central Time Zones, and proximity to New York, NY or Atlanta, GA is a huge plus.
- This role pays a competitive annual salary, depending on experience level and geographic location, as well as Restricted Stock Units (equity) in Transfix.
- We offer 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision health benefit premiums. That's $0 out of your paycheck!
- We offer 3 months of parental leave, fertility coverage, childcare support, pet insurance, gym reimbursement, unlimited sick days, generous PTO, and have 7 company holidays + 3 floating holidays.
- Career growth! We are growing quickly and prioritize developing our teams to meet their full potential and promoting from within.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Sustainability. Approximately 40% of our executive Leadership team is female, and half of our employee population is BIPOC. We have several incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), such as [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected], and are committed to continuously improving diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice every single day.
- Developing policies, procedures, and services to our employees, carriers, and shippers that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
- Building relationships among our employees, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our community
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities and underrepresented groups in internal leadership
- Fostering a culture of compassion, empathy, open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusivity
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for continuous education, discourse, and engagement related to issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice