Information Technology Recruiter at Carvana (Phoenix, AZ)
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
Do you get excited by talking to all the smartest math and stats nerds? Are you passionate about the best in talent acquisition and about understanding the difference between network optimization and predictive modeling? If you love working with scientists on the cutting edge of all things data science and analytics, this is the role for you.
We’re looking for an experienced Information Technology Recruiter to join a rapidly growing organization. This Recruiter will have the unique opportunity to develop and execute full life-cycle talent acquisition for Carvana’s Information Technology functions. No day will be exactly the same. You will be a job board and social media sourcing pro. You will interview, track, and follow up with all candidates, and develop strong business relationships with your (really awesome) coworkers. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
*Please note that this position is a full-time, on-site corporate position at our HQ in Tempe, AZ.
What you’ll be doing
- You will be responsible for full life-cycle recruiting for all corporate functions including but not limited to Service Desk, Systems and Network Engineer, Business Applications Support, and Cyber Security, taking candidates from job application to job offer.
- You will keep up-to-date with our business initiatives in all things analytics and learn from some of the best analytics professionals about the latest tools and analytics methods.
- You will think outside the box and leverage your experience and creativity to match the right candidates to the right careers.
- You are a strong business partner with the ability to connect with multiple levels of hiring teams, keeping them engaged from in-take conversation to new hire start date.
- You’re constantly thinking of new ways to improve all things recruiting including the candidate experience, interview practices, funnel-building, reporting, quality of hire, hiring manager experience, and more.
- You will represent Carvana at various hiring and field recruitment events.
- You will provide input on forming Carvana recruiting best practices (we LOVE some good collaboration!).
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should know
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution.
- At least 3 years of work experience as a technical recruiter with a heavy focus in infrastructure technical and functional positions in a full-cycle recruiting role, preferably in-house at an e-commerce or fintech company. We expect a deep understanding of all things data science in this role.
- Experience with virtual recruitment (social media, LinkedIn, resume sourcing) is required.
- Experience working with an ATS, preferably Greenhouse.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a sense of humor. For realz.
- You understand the value of teamwork and how teams work…that was deep. If you disagree, read it again. Out loud if necessary.
- You have the ability to multitask, prioritize, re-prioritize and re-prioritize again like a ninja.
- You will not leave your personality at home. We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions. We mean it. We want to hear who you actually are.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.