Human Resources Generalist at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Responsible to provide human resources support for employees Ball Corporation, Ball Global Beverage, Ball Aerosol, or Ball Aluminum Cups for a specific client group within the Colorado Campus.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Provides HR support for major projects, such as plant expansions, start-ups, closures, and lay-offs. This includes project management, recruiting and selection of qualified applicants, administration of the layoff and termination process.
- Provides advice and support to management and employees regarding employee relations’ issues, workplace violence, substance abuse, discipline, and terminations.
- Administers policies, procedures, practices, and systems that ensure legal and effective operation of the employee relations’ function.
- Creates both internal and external job postings; conducts position and person sorts.
- Reviews and audits the performance management process for the division.
- Assists with the development and implementation of affirmative action plans.
- Delivers HR-related compliance training.
- Coordinates activities when needed with PS&O and leaders when activities are outside of North America.
- Acts as the first point of contact for workers’ compensation issues on the Colorado campus.
- Conducts exit interviews and processes all of the necessary paperwork for terminating and retiring employees.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- High School or equivalent required
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 years minimum; 5 years preferred
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 10
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans