Human Resources Business Partner at PrizePicks (Atlanta, GA)
At PrizePicks, we are the fastest growing sports company in North America, as recognized by Inc. 5000. As the leading platform for Daily Fantasy Sports, we cover a diverse range of sports leagues, including the NFL, NBA, and Esports titles like League of Legends and CS:GO. Our team of over 350 employees thrives in an inclusive culture that values individuals from diverse backgrounds, regardless of their level of sports fandom. Ready to reimagine the DFS industry together?
As an HR Business Partner at PrizePicks, you will act as a strategic partner to the Product and Software Engineering business units. Your primary responsibility will be to align HR strategies with the overall business objectives, ensuring a high-performing and engaged workforce. You will collaborate with senior management of the Software Engineering and Product teams to provide expert HR guidance and implement HR initiatives that foster a positive work culture and drive performance.
What you'll do:
- HR Strategy Alignment: Partner with senior management to understand business goals and challenges, and develop and implement HR strategies that align with these objectives.
- Employee Relations: Act as a point of contact for employee relations issues, providing guidance and resolution for various workplace matters while ensuring compliance with labor laws and company policies.
- Performance Management: Facilitate performance management processes, including goal setting, performance evaluations, and performance improvement plans, to enhance individual and team effectiveness.
- Employee Engagement: Develop and implement initiatives that foster a positive work culture, employee morale, and engagement to enhance productivity and retention.
- Policy and Procedure Development: Collaborate with the HR team to review and update HR policies and procedures to ensure they comply with current laws and align with company values.
- Change Management: Support organizational change efforts by providing guidance and support to employees and managers during transitions and change initiatives.
- Data Analytics: Utilize HR data and metrics to identify trends and areas for improvement, providing data-driven recommendations to support decision-making.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 5+ years as an HR Business Partner supporting software engineering teams in a startup tech environment.
- In-depth knowledge of HR best practices, employment laws, and regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to use data to drive decision-making.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with integrity and professionalism.
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on delivering high-quality HR solutions.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities effectively.
Where you'll live:
- This is a hybrid role working out of our office in Atlanta, GA
Benefits you’ll receive:
In addition to your great compensation package, company subsidized medical/dental/vision coverage plans and matching 401(k), we’ll shower you with perks including:
- Break room with ping pong, endless snacks and in-office lunch once a week
- Unlimited PTO to encourage a healthy work/life balance (2 week min required!)
- Modern work schedule focused on getting the job done, not hours clocked
- Workplace flexibility
- Company and team outings, we encourage a tight-knit workplace
- Generous Maternity AND Paternity leave (16 weeks!)
- Annual bonus & stock options
- Wellness program
- Company equipment provided (Windows & Mac options)
- Annual performance reviews with opportunity for growth and career development
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
PrizePicks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.