Human Resources Business Partner, Tech & Data at Fyllo (Remote)
At Fyllo we are on a mission to accelerate the economies of tomorrow. What does that mean? We have created the world’s largest data marketplace of cannabis and CBD purchase data along with a market-leading regulatory database that is used by Fortune 500 companies and emerging brands in highly-regulated industries like cannabis, crypto, short term rentals and more.
Our technology platform enables high-growth companies to reach and understand consumers, activate marketing and loyalty programs across multiple channels, and navigate today’s ever-changing regulatory landscape.
Having been founded in 2019, we recently closed our Series C and have raised 100 million to date. 2022 has already proved to be another big year with our recent acquisition of Semasio, a leader in unified targeting for digital marketing. If you are someone who has a bias to act and believes in having more fun together, then read on!
This role reports directly into Fyllo’s Head of People. As our HRBP, you will own all stakeholder relationships across Fyllo’s Technology and Data divisions. This is a pivotal role as you will drive strategic HR-related planning, including but not limited to: organization design & integration, talent management, compensation planning, manager coaching, employee development, succession planning, and performance management. You will also work closely and partner effectively with several HRBPs to ensure consistent HR practices across Fyllo.
If you are looking to gain experience in a high-growth startup environment, to partner with teams globally and to make an impact with a tight-knight team that is constantly evolving, we would love to hear from you!
Day to Day
- Collaborate on a strategic and tactical level with operating leaders on a variety of Human Resource and business-related initiatives to support organization and operational goals.
- Work to resolve employee and organizational issues in a proactive and positive manner.
- Develop an engineering dual career path and partner with EVP, Engineering to grow and retain engineering talent.
- Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, teams and individual employees that further the mission, values and strategic vision of the business.
- Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment; act as an employee advocate.
- Partner with leaders and our internal talent acquisition teams on recruitment and pipelining.
- Conduct internal investigations, as necessary.
- Research and prioritize which tech conferences Fyllo should sponsor and/or attend
o Determine which conferences we should tap Fyllo speakers to present, find out deadlines to submit whitepapers, and coordinate internally with hiring managers about who to send to conferences
- Run meetup hosting in Chicago, and other locations as needed
- In partnership with Talent Acquisition, develop employee retention and satisfaction program
- Roll out either a Buddy or Mentorship program
- Run new hire cohort check ins
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Related Field of Study
- Minimum 5 years relevant HR experience including employee relations and organizational development
- At least 2 years supporting an engineering organization
- Graduate degree in Human Resources, MBA or related field preferred
- Strong business acumen, facilitation, conflict resolution and communication skills
- Strong business partnership: able to establish credibility and rapport with operating leaders
- Experience working in a complex, matrix environment
- Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups
- Strong employee-relations skillset; can earn trust and credibility with employees in assigned groups
- Previous experience with a digital, technical workforce
- Proven influencer; demonstrated ability to coach and counsel both employees and executive-level management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with senior business leaders, managers, and peers
- Takes ownership; able to establish self as the ‘go-to’ HR resource for client organizations
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through and execution
- Able to deal effectively with conflict and manage difficult employee relations situations
- Effective communicator: keeps all stakeholders apprised of relevant information, status of deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance numerous priorities in a deadline-oriented environment
Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly mobile stipend
- Home office stipend
- 401K matching
- Hybrid or remote work schedule
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical coverage
- Dental & vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter programs
- Learning & development programs