Human Resources Business Partner - Marketing at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
We are looking for a strong HR Business Partner to build engagement and drive business results by delivering measurable and sustained solutions. As a consultative and trusted advisor to all levels of our management team, you will be the first point of contact on numerous day-to-day HR matters. Are you a champion of driving diversity, inclusiveness and belonging in the workplace? Do you have a passion for the people side of business and love helping people reach their potential? If you said yes to any of these, you can make a substantial contribution in this role!Your Responsibilities:
- Partner and provide direction on employee relations for a wide range of issues. May include conducting investigations in response to issues and recommending or implementing a course of action based on investigation results.
- Achieve a deep understanding of the business strategy, goals and objectives and support organizational changes by developing and implementing appropriate organizational change plans.
- Lead the performance management process for your client teams to ensure employees and managers are trained on the performance management processes and work with management to facilitate goal setting and development plans.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed.
- Be an impartial steward for the organization advocating for employees and the business, and modeling what we value.
- Design and deliver targeted solutions, including strategic planning, visioning, organizational change and team building.
- A combination of HR experience in the following areas: Organizational design, org planning, performance management, business advising, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture carrier, employee engagement, coaching and development, conflict resolution, recruiting, data analysis, and employee relations
- Shown analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Demonstrable track record to be flexible and adapt to a company’s evolving stages and needs
- Strong communication and influencing skills; effective listener, ability to connect and influence actions and outcomes with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Track record of strong business partnership within a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- HR subject matter expert: you have in-depth knowledge of hr laws, strategies, policies, and practices
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.