Human Resources Business Partner Lead at Invitae
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER LEAD
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
About this role
As Invitae expands, we are looking for a strategic talent partner to the executive leading the Product & Tech team and lead a small team of skilled business partners supporting the broader Product & Tech team. This role is an ambassador of the Invitae culture and models our mission and its principles: everything we do with dedication, courage, and energy. If you are a creative, passionate, data-driven leader who shares our desire to create a fantastic place to work, this could be your dream job!
We are looking for an amazing people leader to join our Talent Operations Business Partner team. The BP Team’s charge is to support the creation and maintenance of effective teams at Invitae as we navigate the challenges and complexity of a fast-growing company.
We are looking for someone who loves data, is excited by digging in to the inner workings of a highly complex business, and combines that with excellent people skills for a human-focused approach. We are looking for someone able to lead, but also happy to roll up their sleeves and get things done for the common good.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to build trusted relationships with the Product & Tech leadership, using strategic acumen to implement talent solutions and people programs in partnership with specialty functions (Talent Acquisition; M&A; Compensation and Benefits; L&D; Employee Experience & Onboarding)
- Lead a small team of BPs with a focus on servant leadership: providing mentorship and support
- Partner across the broader BP team to identify areas of opportunity to address cross-functional challenges
- Monitor the “pulse” of employees and develop and execute on initiatives to ensure a high level of employee engagement and positive employee experience.
- Develop and execute employee relations efforts; this will include planning and coaching leaders
What we require from you:
- 15+ years of experience within an HR/People role, with 5+ years supporting in a business partner function
- Experience supporting fast growing DevOps/Engineering client group
- Previous experience supporting organizations through M&A integrations
- Strong business understanding and ability to translate business needs into strategy
- Someone who loves metrics and digging into problems and able to come up with unique solutions
- Curious problem-solver with the ability to approach challenges with empathy and structured thinking
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Able to manage change and resolve conflicts effectively
- Agile learner comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent follow-through, performance, judgment, and sense of humor
- Proven ability to work positively, collaboratively and professionally within teams and across the organization
- Able to embrace teammates from a wide range of diverse backgrounds
- Previous experience leading a small team
- Enjoy interacting at all levels of the organization
- Love solving people problems in practical scalable way
- Passion for helping teams celebrate their victories
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.