HRIS Analyst (Remote) at BetterUp
At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that precede health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
The HRIS Analyst will be a pivotal role as we continue to scale our HR Operations to meet the needs of our growing employee population. You’ll be the Workday technical point-of-contact for the HR team, managing the system from an HR perspective: HCM, Benefits, Talent, and more. The HRIS Analyst will partner with the HR Operations team and cross-functional leaders to analyze work process design and flow, improve processes and leverage the return on technological capabilities in Workday.
The HRIS Analyst will build project plans, ensure adherence to project schedules, maintain a systems orientation and can work effectively with peers to set technology priorities and conduct long-term planning. You will assist the HR team with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The HRIS Analyst also supports Workday upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional professional interpersonal skills, thrives in a fast paced, ambiguous environment and has experience implementing process excellence as it relates to all things data and systems.
This is a temporary position with the potential for conversion to a permanent role.
What you'll do:
- Manages projects and process improvement, including applying change management experience to facilitate movement to new levels of quality.
- Takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences. Uses these data to build project plans and ensure adherence to schedule and other specifications.
- Utilizes interpersonal skills when working with various customers and peers to accomplish project goals.
- Recommends process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy, which must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation.
- Performs Workday system maintenance, including assisting in the review, testing and implementation of Workday system upgrades or patches. Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Maintains Workday system tables. Documents process and results.
- Provides production support, including researching and resolving Workday problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Generates reports/queries, including writing, maintaining and supporting a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assists in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Helps maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Conducts training, including developing user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Trains clients on new processes/functionality. Trains new system users.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in Workday with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examines trends in information systems training, materials and techniques. Through classes, reading, CBTs or other mechanisms, continuously increases both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge.
- Participates in user group meetings/conferences.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Understands and uses qualitative/quantitative measurement and data collection design principles.
- Uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions to issues that arise.
Education and Experience:
- At least three years related Workday experience required, 5 years experience in HRIS roles preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.