HR Specialist at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The HR Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting employees and leaders in the various businesses we operate in. They will partner with HRBP(s) and other teams on various stages of the employee lifecycle from talent management, performance management, onboarding/offboarding, and business-driven initiatives. In addition, they may participate in the execution of HR projects. The HR Specialist also works with the HR team to review current processes to identify areas of improvement, propose changes, and works with the appropriate team to implement the changes. They act as the primary point of contact for new hires and current employees within assigned department groups to facilitate a smooth employee experience.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyze data from various daily activities and projects to identify patterns and trends that can help create and improve processes or identify areas of concern
- Partner with cross-functional teams on larger projects and system changes
- Identify and execute on continuous improvement of HR programs and processes to enhance the overall employee experiences
- Complete processes and project work to maintain compliance in the area of support
- Oversee Paylocity processes, reporting, and auditing
- Coordinate Pre-Hire and Onboarding activities (employee applications, background checks, and employment verifications)
- Process employee-related issues (Reimbursement requests, password resets, system updates, name changes, status changes, address changes, etc.)
- Develop HR solutions and processes by collecting and analyzing business information, improving process efficiency by recommending a solution, and process improvements
- Effectively manage data and continually review / enhance the processes while building/maintaining business relationships
- 2 years experience in an administrative capacity; preferably supporting a high-volume company
- Ability to ensure the integrity of confidential employee information, including HIPAA compliance and related laws.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) including Excel formulas
- College degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field preferred
- Exposure to employee relations and understanding of the investigation process is a plus
- HRIS experience preferred
- Ability to maintain a positive professional manner while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, deadlines, and timelines
- Positive contributor to the company culture and activities
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify and resolve sensitive problems
- Proven effective collaboration with other teams to deliver a consistent employee experience
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.