HR Solutions Manager at Cox Enterprises (Atlanta, GA)
If the notion of helping a team improve their performance makes you want to grab a cup of coffee and jump into work mode, then you might be who we're looking for to fill the role of Human Resources Solutions Manager. (Coffee not required.). This person delivers organization design and compensation solutions for Cox Communications, while becoming a total subject matter expert on topics like B2B Sales and New Business Ventures and ways to ID and develop solutions that will enhance organizational performance.
So, if everything from people strategy to organizational structures and processes are in your wheelhouse, keep reading. We'd like to share more with you.
What You'll Do
Hey, managing solutions is an ambitious undertaking, right? So, it's good to know what's expected of you so you can be as efficient and effective as possible. Here are a few of the biggest responsibilities you'll have as you support the Human Resources (HR) team with your superlative skills:
• You'll team up with leaders in HR and across our business to lead and support organizational design and restructuring on initiatives of all sizes, sharing your discoveries and recommendations with them along the way. You'll make recommendations that will help Cox improve our performance and biz outcomes, while providing expertise on job design & compensation.
• We'll look to you to design models and do analyses (this is where all those analytic and statistical skills come in uber-handy), monitor metrics, and evaluate the effectiveness of the processes we have in play to make sure we're being our most effective and efficient. This includes keeping our labor mix in line with Cox's strategic requirements.
• We may ask you to lead some research or design workshops that will help leadership with organization planning, and of course, you'll want to stay attuned to trends in areas like organizational design, compensation, biz models, change management, benchmarking and other topics that relate to how you rock your workday.
What's In It For You?
Good question. Cox believes in supporting everyone on our team, and that would include competitive pay and a busload of benefits that give you options and opportunities to grow and thrive.
• We'll set you up with a competitive salary and load you up with some great benefits, from retirement ( a company matching 401(K) ), Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits from day one, tuition reimbursement , and free internet and other discounted services from Cox Communications (in certain markets).
• We're big on work-life balance, so expect some flexible vacation days , plus paid holidays.
• We ' re also big on inclusion and we want you to bring your authentic self to your work. We believe in mutual respect and honoring who people are ... if you feel the same way, you've found the right place. So know that we want you to feel at home...and to make others feel at home as well.
• We know you like to give back to the community , so we make it easy to do so, with employee volunteer opportunities.
• If this role feels like a great fit, we're happy to support your long career on that path. However, if you find you have different aspirations, well, we want you to grow with us...so if a different area of the Cox ecosystem fuels your ambition, let us help you map your way there. You may have guessed by now, but we don't do corporate ladders here. We do jungle gyms. So climb, swing, and explore. Earn an advanced degree, learn a new skill, join a mentoring program. It's all there for you...so let us know how we can help you grow.
Who You Are
We know you're passionate about being a solid solutions provider. That's why you're still reading about this role. We want to share some other responsibilities that come with the welcome aboard gift basket so you'll have a richer understanding of what's needed for this
We're asking that you bring 6+ years of experience in a field related to this role with a bachelor's degree. That might mean internal or external management consulting in an organizational role, like Organizational Development, Effectiveness, or Design. You may only have 4+ years of
experience if you've also got an advanced degree and experience in at least one of these fields:
- Organizational analysis/diagnostics
- Organization restructuring
- Project Management
- Group facilitation
- Job Design
Let's talk strong skills. Your impressive abilities to communicate, present, lead, facilitate, and collaborate make people want to engage, listen, and connect with you. You're in your zone with senior biz leaders, as well as your HR biz partners. You manage multiple priorities with grace, even when they bump up against each other. You know how to solve problems (hence the "Solutions" part of your title) and show up with polished and persuasive deliverables whenever needed.
Oh, and it goes without saying, but we'll say it anyway: we're anticipating that you've got strong familiarity with Microsoft Office and all its programs.
Those are the 'must haves' for this job, but there are a few extra qualifications that would be the proverbial icing on the cake that we'd prefer and make you an ideal fit, such as:
- Bachelor's degree in Organization Development and/or Effectiveness, Human Resources, Industrial Psychology and 6 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 4 years' experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience; or 10 years' experience in a related field
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Strategic Workforce Planning Certification
- Some experience in the telecommunications industry
- Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.