Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for residents, team members, and the community.
Ascension is seeking a HR Shared Services Specialist to join the team in Indianapolis, IN.
What You Will Do
The HR Shared Services Specialist serves as a primary resource for HR support and an advocate for issue resolution.
- Contributes to the HR central team, displaying a strong ability to problem solve and quickly complete a variety of associate lifecycle data management transactions.
- Serves as an initial point of contact for HR related inquiries (i.e. employee changes, benefits, compensation, payroll, polices & procedures).
- Handles inbound calls, cases, and on-line web chats to identify the associate s need, processes necessary transactions, and escalates issues as required. Initiates outbound calls/contact for issue resolution and follow-up.
- Adheres to all service level agreements (SLAs) established by HR Shared Services and appropriately documents case details and relevant information in the case management system.
- Serves as primary support for associates and managers with Employee Self Service (ESS) and Manager Self Service (MSS) transactions.
- Collaborates with other cross-functional team members to resolve employee issues in a thorough and timely manner.
- Participates in data review, auditing and user acceptance testing of new processes, procedures and system changes as needed.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.