Join the VRChat Team!
VRChat offers a first-of-its kind, game-changing platform that provides an endless collection of social VR experiences and gives the power of creation to its robust community. With over 250,000 worlds and growing, VRChat’s vision is to allow users to bring their imaginations to life and help shape the metaverse anywhere in the world on any device.
As a HR, Recruiting and Operations Project Manager at VRChat (internally referred to as a "Producer") your main focus is to organize and enable the Operations team (with a specific emphasis on the HR and Recruiting teams) at VRChat to do their best work. You will work in one or more teams, managing new and existing tasks as work progresses. Facilitating communication is key, both within teams and across various teams when necessary. Whenever issues arise that slow or block work from happening, you will solve those problems and make sure teams can keep moving forward. You will report to the Head of Production and work very closely with the HR & Recruiting team at VRChat.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create new tasks as necessary, including assigning, prioritizing, and communicating them
- Manage and organize existing tasks, following up on them as needed
- Drive and organize projects within VRChat
- Ensure that teams are communicating easily and effectively, including setting up meetings
- Work with Team Leads to understand the roadmap and goals of the team in order to plan accordingly
- Quickly determine the scope of projects and the actions necessary to complete them
- Solve challenges that slow down or block the team and communicate these challenges to others
- Update and improve the process to increase efficiency without causing undue chaos
- Enable programs to hit deadlines and get work done on time regularly, with proper time expectations to avoid high-stress environments and the need to crunch
- Measure and communicate progress to Leadership on a regular basis
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Past hands-on experience in Project Management, Production / Product Management roles (4+ years)
- Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems and Human Resources Information Systems - especially Lever and Rippling
- Strong communication skills, including speaking to large groups
- Constant awareness of process and potential for improvement
- A focus on efficiency and cutting out wasted effort
- Ability to be extremely flexible and change plans often
- Comfortable working with charts and able to organize information in ways that make it easy for everyone to understand
- Comprehensive experience with project management tools and industry best practice
- Experience working on a "live" app that receives perpetual updates
- Experience working on a social app/platform
- Experience working in the video game industry
- Experience with VR, as well as VRChat itself
- Work from anywhere! VRChat is a 100% remote company
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for US employees
- Extended health plans for B.C. employees
- Stock Options
- Unlimited paid time off (+ 26 paid holidays where the whole company is off work)
- Annual team events
VRChat is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. VRChat fosters a diverse, creative, and collaborative environment where anyone can contribute to any of the ongoing projects or direction of the roadmap at any time. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an impact on a dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Offers are subject to satisfactory referencing / background checks
More Information on VRChat
VRChat operates in the Software industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. VRChat was founded in 2014. It has 81 total employees. To see all 22 open jobs at VRChat, click here.
Read Full Job Description