CNA has an opening for a HR Operations leader in our home office located in downtown Chicago. This role will be responsible for leading and providing day to day oversight for our HR Operations team that acts as the central point of contact for general HR queries, develops and refines our ongoing HR processes, oversees our HRIS data management and integrity, and provides exceptional HR transactional guidance for over 5,000 CNA team members. We are seeking an individual that is collaborative, innovative and adaptable to change with strong people leadership, project management, and shared service experience. This is a role where you will be given the opportunity to build and partner with your HR peers to take our HR Operations at CNA to a whole new level.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Manage a team of HR Operations professionals including performance management, delineation of duties and responsibilities, resourcing, development, training, and coaching
- Provide strategic leadership and tactical oversight of the customer-centric, results oriented CNA HR Operations Team
- Lead multiple HR processes under the umbrella of HR operations, including: HRIS data and position management; employee service center team operations; onboarding and offboarding; and the annual performance management end-user process. Analyze other opportunities across HR to further centralize delivery of ongoing HR processes
- Provide oversight and point of escalation for all day-to-day HR operational support activities, ensuring barriers are removed and business needs are met
- Conceive and implement next-generation HR processes and services that result in scalability, efficiency, quality, and value-creation and identify opportunities to improve and automate end-to-end processes and reduce manual interventions
- Ensure high levels of collaboration and coordination between HR Operations, HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) and HR Business Partners for effective service delivery, ensuring agility to deliver against business priorities and proactively identifying areas of improvement
- Develop KPIs, dashboards and other scorecard metrics to continually monitor HR operations processes, manage team workflow patterns, analyze trends, drive enhancements, improve the employee experience and report on key data to the HR Leadership Team
- Continuously benchmark with external sources on current and competitive HR practices to ensure best practices are leveraged to improve HR operations deliverables in alignment with CNA needs
- Perform quarterly SOX audits and ensure the data integrity of the HRIS system (Workday) with the highest level of confidentiality
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate others in accomplishing established goals; builds a strong team by attracting, leading, developing and maintaining key talent.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, rapid-changing environment and prioritizing situations which require sense of urgency
- Strong customer service orientation
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to use sound judgement to drive complex issues to resolution and influence to achieve results
- Thinks creatively and uses diverse ideas to solve problems
- Collaborative approach and ability to partner both across HR team and cross-functionally
- Experience with sophisticated project management and operating in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to take initiative and continuously seek ways to improve existing processes
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity in everything you do
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to comfortably interact with all levels within the organization.
- Raises expectations of self and others by continuously learning and broadening industry and technical skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Typically a minimum of 8 years Human Resources Operations/Shared Services experience, including 5 years of management experience in an HR Operations team.
- Proven experience with HRIS systems, (Servicenow, Workday, ADP and Cornerstone preferred)