HR Manager at Aztec Group (Philadelphia, PA)
The people who work for the Aztec Group are fundamental to the organisation achieving their strategic objectives and we are committed to ensuring we develop and follow best Human Resources (HR) practices.
Working as part of the Groups wider HR team, the HR Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of HR functions within the US including, recruitment, employee relations, policy development and implementation as well as staff care, ensuring that these follow existing policies, procedures, and approved Group standards.
- Manage a portfolio of vacancies and be responsible for the end-to-end recruitment of vacancies from understanding the requirement, loading the vacancy onto our recruitment system, screening CV’s, arranging interviews, developing offers and liaising with our inhouse operations team.
- Act as the point of escalation with suppliers, such as external recruitment specialists, ensuring positive relations are fostered with approved preferred agents
- Advise and guide managers and staff on HR policy and procedures, including but not limited to tracking probation periods, managing absence, handling grievance and disciplinary matters in order to maintain and support the Group’s family-friendly ethos and to ensure that the function is perceived as firm but fair in all its dealings
- Work with the wider HR management team to assist with the development of relevant policies and procedures and ensure jurisdictional relevance for the US
- Support annual HR processes such as bonus and salary reviews
- Assist in the Group's communication processes in order to develop and maintain effective employee relations in the Group, having a clear understanding of the objectives wishing to be achieved by the business and the culture to be maintained
- Take a lead role in Group-wide HR projects and continuous improvement
- Identify, develop, maintain, and produce effective HR strategies, policies and practices that support the achievement of the Group's business objectives while fulfilling its obligations to employees and in line with best practice
- Support the group Reward and Payroll teams so that training, checking, back up and support can be provided
- Keep up to date with relevant employment laws, legislation and best practice in all relevant jurisdictions and ensure any changes and learning is shared with the wider HR team
- As part of the organisational HR team ensure relevant cross organisation training and development programmes are put in place; plan, deliver and continuously review relevant training across the Group to ensure content remains fit for purpose
- Lead by example to ensure the Group demonstrates commitment, through its culture and actions, for all aspects of diversity in the population and the staff who provide the services
- Assist in the identification and management of all HR risks and ensure completion of the Group-wide compliance monitoring plans
Skills, knowledge, expertise:
- A positive and proactive approach to HR management with several years’ practical generalist HR manager experience within a financial services business, supported by a relevant professional qualification or degree
- Strong understanding of local employment legislation and its practical application in a commercial financial services business as well as an appreciation of the standards expected within a regulated environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Sound numeracy skills, data entry skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer literacy skills are essential; advanced user of MS Office products
- Proven ability to quickly learn new information, processes and procedures
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and identify and deal with challenges
- Capable of working within a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work with high confidentiality
We will provide the training, both in house for relevant technical knowledge and also professional qualifications to enhance your professional development. You will need to be quick to learn new systems and great with people, as close working relationships between our colleagues and clients is at the heart of what we do.