HR Leave Administrator at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the role
In partnership with a Leave Management vendor, ensure employee leaves are administered in accordance with all company policies as well as all local, state, and federal guidelines
What you will be doing
- Regularly interacts with Leave Management vendor to ensure administration of leaves, leave tracking and certification/re-certification requests are done properly and timely in accordance with contract requirements.
- Analyzes routine and complex leave requests in accordance with company policy and applicable laws and facilitates an effective leave management program.
- Coordinates with applicable parties (vendors, internal payroll, human resource partners) to effectively administer leave process.
- Responds to non-routine inquiries from management and employees regarding leaves of absences in a customer-focused, timely manner.
- Monitors status of all leaves of absences and takes proactive measures to ensure all necessary updates and communications are provided to employees and leave process is efficient.
- Conducts regular audits of the leave process to ensure adherence to policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Coordinates with appropriate vendor(s) to ensure that Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD) and Workers Compensation (WC) claims are reviewed, and a determination is made and communicated in a reasonable time frame.
- Ensures all necessary follow up with management, human resource partners and employees has been completed in order to obtain updated leaves.
- Stays current on laws, case law, regulations and legal precedents relating to leaves. In partnership with legal, ensures company leave-related policies and guidelines follow local, state and federal regulations.
- Serves as subject matter expert for leave administration. Provides guidance and education to managers, employees and human resource partners.
- Identifies problems and trends that require corrective action and assists in developing any necessary improvements relating to leave management and leave-end processes. Identifies and shares best practices.
- May assist human resource partners to facilitate employees returning to work including ensuring compliance with policies and legal requirements.
- May assist with American with Disabilities Act (ADA) interactive process; engaging with human resource partners, legal, employees and management to ensure compliance with applicable polices and legal requirements.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of three years of experience in an office environment.
- Strong knowledge of ADA and interactive process.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret regulations and statutes.
- Organizational skills including the ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to treat confidential matters with appropriate discretion
- Proven ability to solve difficult problems and overcome conflict situations with effective solution
- Ability to effectively collaborate with human resource partners, management and employees while providing excellent customer service to all internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of MS programs including Word and Excel, as well as an ability to quickly learn new software program
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What we offer you
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.