At RudderStack, we are redefining enterprise-scale data collection and routing. We are building a customer data platform (CDP) on the customer's own data warehouse. Our open-source, developer-first approach is the first of its kind. We understand the outsized impact customer data has on businesses, and we understand the challenges and pain points. We are looking to solve the customer data management problem in enterprises, once and for all, in a secure, compliant and cost-effective way.
RudderStack collects data from 30+ sources, can transform events on the fly, and routes to 150 different marketing, sales, product, analytics applications all with one snippet of code.
We’re backed by Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 and have raised a total of $82 million in funding. Our customers include Stripe, Crate + Barrel, Acorns, Hinge, and Priceline. We process critical customer data for some top companies around the world, and are looking for ambitious individuals to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
About the the Role:
You will bring your enthusiasm and passion for RudderStack to each interaction you have with new and existing team members. Your desire to learn People best practices and utilize these skills will allow you to support team members through their entire lifecycle with RudderStack. You will be a key point of contact and must ensure that you can answer questions thoroughly and accurately for team members in a timely manner.
You will work closely with the Head of People and be responsible for the team member lifecycle for all functions at RudderStack. More specifically, you will be responsible for the onboarding, offboarding, check-ins, and additional processes throughout a team member’s tenure. You will also assist with review processes and have confidence in working with the tools and systems used throughout the organization.
Your natural ability to stay organized, actively listen, have strong communication skills, maintain confidential information and use excellent judgment is essential for this role. The variety of tasks and projects will vary daily and no day will be the same in this role. We need a team member who will jump in, take initiative to solve problems and deliver value/drive results to the organization as a whole.
*Our roles are remote first, and can be based anywhere in the US (#LI-Remote).
What you'll do:
You will be ready and eager to jump in quickly and partner with team members to take on day-to-day People tasks. Using the variety of tools available to you, you will display your ability to be resourceful in order to quickly accomplish tasks and drive initiatives forward. You will shadow team members to learn best practices, and then continue to take on independent tasks. You will assist in the continuous efforts in building the People team’s infrastructure including putting systems and processes in place to support the company’s hypergrowth. You will ensure communications, both written and verbal, are carried out in a manner that builds a reputation for yourself as someone who is trustworthy and a trusted advisor.
• Serve as a contact for employees and managers regarding company practices and policies, communicating complex and sensitive information regarding benefits, leaves of absence, and payroll inquiries, handling confidential information with discretion
• Execute changes and ensure compliance on our HRIS, payroll, 401(k) administration, EEOC compliance reports
• Audit benefits offered and propose and execute on future additions. Help in benchmarking and selecting benefits for new regions
• Support additional to-be-created programs such as learning and development, employee recognition programs, and so forth
• Oversee leave administration including, Family Medical Leave Act, Leave of Absence, California Paid Sick Leave, Workers Compensation Related Leave
• Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
Responsibilities for this position will span across the team member’s lifecycle:
- Onboarding: You will support employee onboarding. You will ensure all new hire setups are completed for the new hires and be the point of contact to answer any questions for those new team members.
- Day-to-Day Support/Questions: You will serve as the main point of contact for day-to-day people questions for the functions/team members that you support and for the specific projects that you are responsible for leading.
- Team Member Relations: You will be responsible for regular check-ins with team members; 100-day, 200-day, and stay interviews to track trends and determine action steps as necessary. You will be the first point of contact for team member relations (employee relations) from managers and/or team members.
- Team Member Changes: You will be aware of organizational changes and the impact of team member change requests for the groups you support. You will work to ensure all necessary change paperwork is processed in a timely manner.
- Off-boarding: You will be responsible for conducting exit interviews. You will ensure that the off-boarding process for departing team members is processed in a timely manner and that team members are provided with the proper information as they depart RudderStack.
Projects: You will be responsible for People Team projects, that may include but are not limited to:
- Review, selection and implementation of an HRIS system that will benefit the company globally
- Overseeing the company’s global compensation information including doing comparative analysis by region and developing solid business cases to support potential compensation decisions.
- Supporting employee engagement survey initiatives from launch through data analysis
- Participation in projects to bring additional role clarity and a well-defined career path through job expectations/job description projects and career mapping exercises.
- Working with the Head of People to monitor and report on People data for the groups that you support (internal movement, attrition, etc).
- Working on company-wide rollouts and ensure the tools/platforms are set up for annual people processes such as performance reviews and mid-year check-ins. Focus on Learning & Development initiatives to provide team members with tools/support.
In addition, you will serve as a back-up for the other People Team members if he/she is out of the office, or if one team is in greater demand by their functional group or larger projects during a specific time of year. You will work to support one another.
RudderStack is a superior environment in which smart, ambitious people can do their best work and grow professionally. You will work with highly motivated employees to optimize People processes designed to enhance productivity at RudderStack.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- 3+ years of directly applicable HR/People experience working with cross-functional global technical teams, preferably in a hyper growth environment.
- Experience handling difficult situations and diffusing potential issues.
- Strong understanding of compensation fundamentals and the know-how of managing and analyzing such data with ease.
- Expertise with G-Suite.
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Working knowledge of employment law (both U.S. and globally) or willingness to learn.
- Desire to learn about our people strategy/approach.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- You must be proactive and love interacting with others.
- You must have outstanding attention to detail.
- You must be driven to independently push initiatives forward and get things done.
- Your natural tendency to follow through on tasks and see them through to completion will ensure loops are always closed.
- You must understand and value the importance of operational efficiency.
- You must be highly organized and comfortable in an unstructured environment.
- Your positive, can-do attitude is something you will bring with you to work daily.
- Unquestionable judgment.
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- You must be comfortable with working under pressure and adhering to deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- You must have the ability to communicate with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Experience working 100% remote preferred.
- Ability to work well with team members at all levels, across all functions of the business.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at RudderStack. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
The RudderStack Way:
You get a chance to work on challenging problems alongside amazing people as we scale RudderStack. We are meaningful and thoughtful about our hiring, and want to build great teams together. We expect everyone to be deeply involved with hiring, so you have a hand in helping build the team. We have a global mindset, and want to bring on the best talent regardless of location. The company is still in the early stages, and you will get to see the complete lifecycle of a startup, from getting the initial customers to raising funding rounds, and beyond. Those who thrive in this sort of dynamic environment will experience extraordinary career growth.
Our benefits include, comprehensive health insurance, work from home office setup reimbursements, learning stipends, "take as you need" vacation policy, flexible work hours, remote first culture, team lunches, events and more!
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.