HR Business Partner at Informa (Remote)
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.Job Description
Closing Date: 18th April 2022
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis and we will be interviewing alongside advertising. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Are you an experienced HR professional, looking for a role that enables you to explore new ways of working in a changing organisation? We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to join our team of Global HR Business Partners. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop solutions for organisation design and workforce planning, support change and acquisitions, and drive employee engagement initiatives.
It's an exciting time to join Taylor & Francis Group. We are an academic publisher with a rich heritage and the backing of FTSE 100 Informa plc. Our industry is rapidly changing and we are transforming our business for the digital age. The People Team are leading our focus and investment in talent & capabilities, with the HR Business Partners aligning business and people strategy to support talent & organisational growth.
In this role, you will partner with our 700 strong global Advanced Learning colleagues supporting a team of senior leaders. Publishing experience is not essential, but the ability to collaborate and communicate across time zones and cultures is. As is the desire to explore business challenges and demands, to support strategic direction and find solutions.
What you'll be doing:
- Building strong relationships across the global Advanced Learning teams, gaining an in depth knowledge of key employees and business processes.
- Partnering with key business stakeholders to fully understand their business drivers and people requirements and to build their understanding of and commitment to the HR strategy, policies and processes
- Supporting the business with managing organisational change, employee relations, restructures and acquisitions
- Partnering with stakeholders to drive engagement action planning, diversity & inclusion initiatives and building solutions to address employee attraction & retention
- Partnering with the global Recruitment team to support the recruitment of new talent across the commercial teams globally, providing expert advice and recommendations to support hiring decisions
- Communicating and building commitment to T&F performance management policies and processes into the business, supporting continuous improvement and the HR strategy of global high performance
- Partnering with the Learning & Organizational Development team to build a culture of development and engagement and to ensure Taylor & Francis is positioned in the industry as an Employer of Choice
- Leading or support HR projects to support the global people strategy and corporate objectives
What we're looking for:
The right fit is important to us and our interview process is designed to ensure we get the opportunity to know each other and ask the right questions. Before you decide whether to apply, here are some of the attributes we think the successful post-holder will be able to demonstrate:
- Solid HRBP experience with a particular emphasis on Project Management, Organisational Design and Change, Workforce Planning, Talent Management, Learning and Development, Recruitment, and Engagement Survey and Action Planning.
- Experience in talent planning / succession planning
- A strategic mindset with experience partnering with senior leadership teams to support with commercial decision making.
- Experience working across different time zones and cultures, preferably within a global organisation
- Good grounding in employment legislation, particularly TUPE, equal pay and redundancy
- The ability to engage with and influence senior stakeholders
- An appreciation of the value of metrics & analytics in driving HR decision making
- Experience coaching senior leaders, acquisition integration and experience with cross functional teams would also be advantageous
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave per year
- 3 additional discretionary days leave at Christmas
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
You must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom. This role will be based from home in the UK, with regular travel to our office in Milton Park, Oxfordshire as required.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.