Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you flourish with collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.What Your Days Will be Like:
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is pivotal in aligning strategic objectives with the people doing the work in a designated business unit(s) or functions. The position formulates partnerships across the People Operations function to deliver valuable insight and support to leadership and employees reflecting the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP has deep understanding about the business unit's/function’s financial position/goals, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition, while championing our culture and promoting the voice of our employees!What You'll Be Working On:
- Collaborates closely with management and employees to improve working relationships, build morale, and increase efficiency and retention.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Acts as a change agent to business and provides guidance on proactive change management strategies.
- Provides day-to-day proactive performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Proactively manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations in consultation with our legal team.
- Uncovers cultural and/or relationship issues and resolves them effectively and efficiently.
- Serves as a key player in annual talent review and assists in promotional and developmental conversations with employees and managers.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs and policies relating to development, retention, culture and DEI.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual coaching needs.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Leads on employee terminations and exit interviews.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years as a HR Business Partner.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification as a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong consultative mentality and ability to influence
- Ability to build partnerships with a variety of leaders
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, and conflict management skills.
- Strong service orientation and customer focus.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams with minimal direction.
- Proven organizational and planning skills; detail-oriented.
- Able to adapt to a constantly evolving environment.
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected].**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).