HR Business Partner at Basis Technologies (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:05 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 15, 2023
Employer Provided Salary: $70,000-$85,000 Annually
WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, and our employees have the flexibility to work in an office location, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Basis’s Talent and Development (T&D) team works to make our organization an engaging, inclusive home for Beeps to develop their careers and create positive change in the ad tech industry. T&D is made up of four collaborative teams: Talent Acquisition (recruits’ top talent for Basis), Talent Operations (provides benefits, payroll, perks, and a system support for Basis), Education and Development (leads training and education for Basis employees), and Talent Partners (heads up professional development, management resources, and employee relations).
Collectively, T&D is determined to bring the Basis Manifesto and guiding principles to life through our culture and practices. This team cultivates Raving Fans by constantly ideating on how to ensure every current and prospective employee receives the best experience possible.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
This role works closely with the Manager, Talent Partners in supporting specific groups to ensure all employees and leaders cultivate an amazing employee experience for all Beeps. You will contribute by:
- Facilitating the performance and merit processes for your business units. This includes job profile audit support, PAD testing and data validation, coaching on philosophies and processes, as well as guiding the business to make compensation decisions that align with our compensation philosophies and allow Basis to retain top talent.
- Acting as a thought partner to the business on how to best align talent to achieve business goals. This includes using talent data to proactively work on retention plans with the business and conducting “stay” and “exit” interviews with employees to obtain regular insights.
- Managing the offboarding process for both voluntary and involuntary departures, including conducting exit interviews, advising managers on the best departure path and conducting departure conversations.
- Advising managers through complex employee and performance situations, offering balanced recommendations that consider what is best for the employee and Basis, with a focus on building a strong culture, increasing employee engagement and enhancing accountability.
- Guiding managers in the decision-making process of talent movement and following up to help them drive their action plans forward following those decisions. Managing talent movement for your business units and communicate accordingly to your Manager and the Talent Coordinator assigned to those businesses.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information; strong ethics and integrity.
- Ability to manage time between reactive and proactive priorities as they arise
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and credibility with employees and managers
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency in applying HR-related legal and compliance knowledge to various business scenarios.
- Ability to work autonomously and at a fast pace; initiative and results-focused.
- Strong influence and presentation skills.
- Proficiency using MS Office and Outlook.
- Experience with HRIS and benefits administration processes.
- Communication is #1 in this role. Communication with the business, and communication with our internal T&D team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Associate degree in Business, Human Resource Management, a related field or equivalent education preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM certification preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience in Human Resources preferred; previous experience in employee relations or as a HR Generalist preferred.
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We've been proudly recognized as:
Ad Age, Best Places to Work 2023, 2022, 2013
Built In, Best Workplaces 2023, 2022, 2021
Crain's Best Companies to Work for in Chicago 2022, 2021, 2020, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011
Crain's Best Companies to Work for in New York 2022, 2021, 2014
Dallas Morning News, Top Workplaces 2021, 2019, 2015
Denver Post, Top Workplaces 2022, 2021, 2020
Denver Business Journal's Largest Employers 2022, 2021, 2020
Fortune Magazine, Best Workplaces 2022, 2021, 2020, 2015, 2014
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age.
Basis is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application processes. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].