The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is rapidly growing, and we are looking for a HR Business Partner (HRBP) to join our team. As our HRBP, you will use your professional expertise and action orientation to be a key player to help continue to scale our people infrastructure. You’ll have the opportunity to play strategic partner, thought leader, guidance counselor and performance coach while keeping Kin’s culture strong, managing and overseeing unique employee experiences (EX) that make working here, unlike anything else!
Every day is different here at Kin. You can expect to be engaged by challenging situations related to total rewards, engagement and employee relations. You will be the primary point of contact and strategic partner for all people initiatives for the departments you support.
A day in the life could include:
- Working directly with the Operations leadership team on a variety of strategic people initiatives, including (but not limited to): organization planning, internal mobility, employee relations, learning and development initiatives, performance management, etc.
- Serving as the “go to” HR contact person for the Operations teams.
- Supporting programs in partnership with HR leadership that help scale the people function at Kin.
- Managing an employee relations case load.
- HRIS Management by pulling employee data and putting together reports in order to help data-driven decision making for the people function.
- Help manage the biannual performance management process by coaching and calibrating with department leadership.
- Act as a key player and facilitator as Kin continues to iterate on our Diversity, Inclusion & Equity initiatives.
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 4+ years of progressive HR experience with at least 2 years as a HR Generalist or HRBP.
- Experience supporting an Ops organization
- Proven experience in the following areas of HR: Total rewards, employee relations, diversity equity & inclusion and employee engagement.
- Action oriented mindset with experience turning nuanced objectives into measurable results.
- Demonstrated experience at building trust with employees and sustaining relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, and executives
- Data focused approach to problem solving with excellent excel skills
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience within a rapidly scaling organization preferred
- Experience supporting a call center environment as a HR Business Partner or HR Generalist
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.