At Wisetack, we’re building financially-responsible consumer lending products that help service-based businesses thrive.
Founded in 2018 by a team of experienced fintech veterans whose prior experience includes PayPal, LinkedIn, Lending Club, Affirm, Amazon, and other leading companies, Wisetack is a well-funded early stage startup with strong early customer traction. We’re backed by leading VCs, including Insight Partners, Greylock, and Bain Capital Ventures, investors in Airbnb, LinkedIn, Instagram, Dropbox, and many more.
We raised a $45M Series B last year and since then, we've invested in our people and technology and signed a slew of new partnerships. This is a fun stage in any company's lifecycle where we've got the core foundation built, a healthy growth rate, and a clear path to success, but you'd still be joining early enough to help shape the future of the company.
Business Insider recently named us one of the 70 most promising startups changing the world of finance and LendIt just named us as the winner in the Best Emerging Lending Platform category for their Fintech Industry Awards. The external recognition is great, but we're equally -- if not more -- happy with the recognition from our customers. Our current NPS rating is a sky-high 78. We're proud that we're building a product that customers love.
Wisetack is growing fast, and we need an experienced Talent professional to help us scale! For those looking to expand their scope beyond Talent Acquisition, you'll have the option to take on some Talent Management and Retention areas, if that's of interest.
We're building our People team from the ground up, so there is plenty of opportunity to shape the roles around our early hires. Tell us where you can best contribute and where your interests lie, and we'll start from there!
What you'll definitely do - Talent Acquisition
- Partner with Wisetack leaders to design, build, and execute a strategic hiring plan to attract the best talent to join our fast-growing team
- Lead, manage and mentor a growing Talent team, including recruiting, sourcing, scheduling, and operations
- Design the operational infrastructure needed for efficient and effective talent programs and systems at scale, including technology, tools, & resources
- Enable team members to identify the best candidates by continue to improve our interview processes, educating people about Talent Acquisition best practices, and enabling hiring managers to ensure a fair and equitable recruiting experience for all
- Advise business stakeholders on addressable talent markets, conduct talent pool analysis and build, and organize talent research
- Define and deliver on the candidate experience from initial outreach to interviews to onboarding; ensure that all candidates speak highly of their experience
- Establish key metrics to assess pipeline and talent acquisition effectiveness including DEI program impact, talent team engagement, candidate experience and hiring effectiveness
- Manage external agencies and vendors as necessary
- Develop & implement a talent marketing strategy to evangelize Wisetack’s employer brand
What you might also do - Talent Management (according to skills and interest)
- Develop a stage-appropriate best-in-class employee onboarding experience
- Create systems that put the right people in the right jobs at the right time. This includes leveling, career pathing, and mobility.
- Develop a talent retention strategy
- Create programs for Wisetack’s growing base of FTE contractors
- Manage the offboarding process for exiting employees to provide further insights to talent engagement and retention.
- Implement a performance management process in support of high performing, innovative and inclusive culture.
- Leverage and build on talent analytics to help guide data driven and well informed talent decisions.
- Partner with managers/ business units to assess talent including identifying gaps, opportunities, and future hiring/ headcount
What you should have
- 5+ years' experience in a senior Talent role (level will be calibrated to experience)
- A track record of successful high volume recruiting in a high-growth venture-backed technology startup
- Experience in talent management beyond the initial recruiting process
- A balance of strategic thinking and transactional execution – everyone at Wisetack at all levels is a doer.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- A proven track record of attracting top talent, both within your function and company-wide
- Good at solving problems: you use data to understand trends and develop recommendations for action
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change, with an emphasis on building and scaling
- Proven ability to challenge conventional approaches and a willingness to build a unique approach.
Spend a little time on our About Us page researching our team and our values, and check out our Press page and our blog for more background on what we do. If you think this might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you!