Head of People at ALT (Remote)
At Alt, we envision a world where anything is an investable asset. Using trading cards, we’re establishing a proof of concept to create financial products that traditional financial institutions don’t support or recognize as collateral.
To date, we’ve raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian’s fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We’re also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
Alt is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
What we are looking for:
A Head of People who operates with strong analytical and creative horsepower to lead all people and talent initiatives. Your main objectives will be to hire the best people and retain them through thoughtful best-in-class practices.
The successful candidate has scaled teams from 100+ in a high-growth environment, and from that experience will have informed points of view to implement at Alt. You have a growth mindset, are a strategic thinker with the ability to execute high-quality work, and have a knack for creating high-performing teams and cultures.
The impact you will make:
- Talent: Create the strategy and execution plan to attract and close the best candidates for Alt, including implementing and refining our compensation philosophy, DEI initiatives, and employer branding.
- Experience: Create an informative and engaging onboarding process to kick off an amazing employee journey that starts with the first interaction. Keep in mind we are a remote workforce.
- Experience: Develop scalable performance management processes, rewards programs, and L&D initiatives to align all teams to high-performance standards that drive engagement and retention.
- HR Operations: Ensure all people processes and procedures comply with relevant regulations and industry best practices.
- HR Operations: Provide counsel on sensitive and difficult-to-resolve work-related issues and conduct investigations, where needed.
What you bring to the table:
- Proven experience as the #1 or #2 People leader in a high-growth technology company
- Track record of successfully building and managing teams of at least 2 direct reports
- A+ execution on cross-functional coordination and communication
- Strategic perspective combined with creativity to create experiences that resonate with our employees and foster their growth
- Passion for the future of finance, investing, and/or alternative assets (crypto, NFTs, etc)
- Willingness to learn and grow into a seasoned leader at a fast-growing company
What you will get from us:
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to Alt.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- 401k, work from home and wellness stipends
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)