Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, customer-focused, and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
As the Head of People Operations and Total Rewards you will join as our first people operations leader to build the people operations function and enable our next stage of scale. Reporting directly to the VP of People, you will develop, iterate, and own the strategy and implementation of key processes, programs, and policies. This will be a critical role in delivering our promise to be the best place to work by providing a world-class employee experience end to end. You will manage a team of 3 to start, with potential to grow.
What You’ll Do
- Be a critical member of the People Leadership team to drive a unified people strategy and deliver on key business initiatives and outcomes
- Manage and build the people operations team
- Define and execute on the overall people ops and technology strategy which will include but not limited to the following remit: compliance, immigration, onboarding, offboarding, compensation and benefits, equity ops, contingent workforce, payroll, and HR systems and technology
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams such as talent acquisition, people business partners, finance, and legal to build simple and delightful processes
- Own the Total Rewards suite, HR technology stack, updates and integrations
- Oversee people data and analytics to ensure the people team is making data-driven decisions
What We Need
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or Masters preferred
- 8+ years experience leading people operations and technology functions in a rapidly growing technology company
- Visionary and strategic with a focus on execution. You are able to balance the high-level with the details and excel in an ambiguous environment.
- Keen eye towards the “user experience” and ability to simplify processes that scale
- Highly operationally-minded, master collaborator and communicator
- Track record of building and leading teams
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.