We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We are looking for a Head of Crypto Recruiting to lead a global team of elite recruiters searching for the best talent in the cutting-edge field of cryptocurrency and blockchain development. Our world class recruiting team builds the foundation of our success by finding extraordinary people that share our vision. In this role you’ll find yourself partnering directly with executives and leadership across the rest of the organization on deeply technical hires that move the needle for the business. You will be responsible for developing and driving our crypto recruiting strategy globally, while working closely with the existing team to understand and improve existing processes. If you thrive in an environment where you get to experiment, innovate, build, and find unicorns, this is the role for you!
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Build, lead, motivate, and mentor a team of high-performing recruiters to meet our ambitious crypto hiring plans.
- Partner with executives, crypto engineering and product leadership, and business teams on all aspects of the hiring process for crypto talent.
- Develop an innovative strategy to find, engage, and hire top crypto talent anywhere in the world.
- Analyze and report on progress consistently; continually adjust strategy as needed while making decisions informed by data.
- Advocate Coinbase’s passion for inclusion and diversity initiatives, and continue to grow our company as an inclusive, special place.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 8+ years of recruiting experience in a technical industry or company.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Experience recruiting for and/or leading teams that hire highly specialized technical talent (ideally with some crypto / blockchain or executive hiring focus, though this isn’t a requirement).
- Proven track record of building high-performing, inclusive and diverse teams and working closely with technical leadership.
- Deep knowledge across the entire candidate lifecycle, from talent mapping, research, sourcing, interviewing, to closing.
- Demonstrated prowess in creating innovative and unique ways to proactively find and engage pipelines of niche talent, globally.
- Ability to think strategically and proactively, with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $195,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.