We’re looking for a highly experienced Global Manager of People Operations to lead our People Operations function. In this role, you will own and continue to build Employee and Manager self service along with our Global PEO/EOR and Payroll strategies. You will ensure that we have globally scalable and consistent processes and policies in place to improve our overall efficiency and create an amazing employee experience.
The ideal person for the job will be someone who has process and systems experience and has transitioned organizations from a PEO to a global solution. In this role, you will need extensive project management skills and the ability to hit key deliverables. You will report to the Global Director, People Operations and Talent Acquisition.
Salt Lake City, UT Preferred; anywhere in the US
Who you are..
- You have a passion for working in global, fast-paced and agile, tech-based environments
- You have extensive project management skills with a proven track record of hitting key deliverables
- You have experience in PEO and EOR transitions
- You are innovative, creative, solution-oriented and love to fix problems
- You care about people and want to create the best possible experience for our employees
- You are a fast learner when starting something new
- You communicate effectively with both internal and external partners
- You enjoy driving change and are energized by making chaotic or messy processes more organized, simplified and employee focused
- You enjoy working as a team and thrive in a collaborative environment
- You are constantly looking for opportunities to step up and develop your skills in other areas
What you’ll own and accomplish...
- Global PEO/EOR and payroll execution and potential transition to global payroll
- Actively support and help shape a global People Operations strategy that aligns and moves the business towards continued growth, innovation and improvement by building scalable, efficient and simple processes.
- Serve as a trusted partner and resource to the People Team and leadership team members to increase awareness, educate, and partner to create processes that reduce compliance risk globally
- Design and manage the people infrastructure and operations to deliver an outstanding employee experience throughout the full lifecycle of employment
- Assist in the execution of key people programs and initiatives such as benefit renewals, our annual comp review process, HRIS audits, compliance audits, etc.
- Develop and maintain People Policies, and drive execution and adoption in partnership with People Operations, HRBPs and the business
- Ensure HR data is accurately maintained, including data audits and work with Finance to ensure consistency of our data across all of our systems
- Manage option grants into Equity Management software and prepare documents for the Board of Directors on various equity compensation topics; serve as the Administrator of the Equity Management software
- Serve as the HRIS Administrator (BambooHR)
- Work closely with our Accounting and Finance team to ensure they are aligned on our processes and that we have data integrity across all of our systems
What you’ll need to be successful...
- A minimum of 5 years of People Operations experience with demonstrated increases in responsibility
- Multi-country experience
- Demonstrated judgment and curiosity to step back, see the bigger picture and determine how to continually improve our processes and experiences
- Global payroll and experience in transitioning employees from PEOs to an internal platform
- 1-2 years in managing an HRIS tool or other HR technology as an administrator
- Experience developing, documenting and driving adoption of SOPs
- Strong project management experience and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- A strong One Team mentality
- A commitment to Operational Excellence and continuous improvement of processes
- Exposure to equity compensation
- Some background in HR analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You’ll really stand out if…
- You have Immigration experience
- You have extensive global experience
- You have compensation experience
- You have extensive payroll and HRIS experience
- You’re able to share examples of a time where you’ve taken that “extra” step beyond what was required of you
Aktana is at the forefront of transforming how life sciences companies share information with healthcare providers (HCPs). Our proprietary platform harnesses machine learning algorithms to enable marketing and sales teams to seamlessly coordinate and optimize multi-channel engagement with HCPs. Today, more than half of the top 20 global pharma companies are using Aktana for intelligent engagement.
The People Operations and Talent Acquisition team at Aktana is a small (but growing!) group of highly motivated individuals. We have an “all-hands-on-deck” culture as a team, and everyone pitches in where they can to recruit, onboard, and give our existing employees the best experience possible. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to come in and help us build our PEO/EOR strategy and help us scale for future growth.
Aktana is growing fast and looking for exceptional talent to join our team. We are committed to building a diverse workplace in which our employees are empowered to do their best work. We value hard work, transparency, and collaboration – and we like to have fun too!
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have offices in Philadelphia, London, Barcelona, Bucharest, Tokyo, Osaka, Shanghai, Beijing, Sydney, Pune, and Sao Paulo.
Aktana conducts background investigations and/or reference checks on all new hires.