About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.Role/ Department: Global Head of Talent Management & Development
The world is changing rapidly and so are our clients' needs. To continue to Achieve Greater and provide outstanding products and services, our employees (or partners as we refer to them) need resources to learn, grow and stay engaged. Our talented workforce is embracing new ways of working, exploring innovative digital technologies, leveraging data and analytics, sharpening their skills, and fostering an inclusive environment to unlock potential and productivity. The Head of Talent Management & Development (TM&D) will play a crucial role in bringing our employee value proposition to life.WHY US
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Career growth and movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve. Our talented, driven and energetic people are truly changing the face of Northern Trust. The speed with which we work, the influence of each partner and the focus to positively change the client and employee experience is our common passion. People are our greatest asset, so if you have a genuine desire to work in a fast-paced, inclusive environment which requires teamwork, well-honed problem-solving skills, deadline management, ongoing and comprehensive communication, constant attention to detail, and a commitment to continuous improvement then seek no more!WHO YOU ARE
Reporting to the Global Chief Human Resources Officer and a member of the HR Leadership Team, the Head of Talent Management & Development (TM&D) will have in-depth human resources management experience in a global, highly matrixed, complex business environment. This partner will have extensive experience leading teams, demonstrated ability to engage with senior level leaders and executive stakeholders, develop strategic plans, and possess expertise in the re-engineering, simplification and creation of end-to-end talent strategies that effectively support the company's mission and strategic corporate objectives. This is a highly visible, senior level role which will ultimately be accountable for our commitment to engage, develop, and grow our talent base.WHAT YOU'LL DO
Specifically, this role will lead a global team responsible for programs such as: Onboarding, Performance Management, Recognition, Talent Assessment, Succession Planning, Internal Mobility & Promotion, Leadership Programs, Manager Training, and our Northern Trust University Platform (NTU) that supplies broad-based learning opportunities across the organization.
This role will have a strong integrated relationship with functional training teams around the organization to ensure we are delivering comprehensive solutions to allow our partners to deliver quality results in their roles and continue to grow in their careers with Northern Trust.
Primary duties include:
- Assess current state of organization to identify opportunities to enhance the way in which Northern Trust partners interact with and leverage learning and development offerings, with an eye towards aligning programs to industry best practices. including an eye towards re-engineering, simplification and digitalization of processes.
- Lead team in preparing for and executing on the successful transition to a new HCM platform (Workday), including new performance management and talent planning capabilities.
- Have a continuous focus on re-engineering, simplification and digitalization of processes in order to enhance utilization of programs and offerings.
- Engage key stakeholders to prioritize deliverables for the team that will support broader HR priorities and our strategic corporate objectives; oversee successful execution of programs and solutions.
- Partner closely with the DE&I organization to ensure the advancement of our DE&I strategy through learning and talent programs and offerings.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the company's executive/senior management regarding key talent topics and strategies, including leading senior level talent review activities.
- Examine ways to fold in external best practices, increase synergies, collaboration, and productivity across the team and other relevant areas of HR.
- Responsible for financial and staff planning, including developing and managing capital and expense budgets, and has accountability of performance and profitability of the area.
- Continuously coach, guide, and develop your own direct reports and managers to promote strong engagement and an inclusive and empowered team culture.
- Prior experience leading a Talent Management & Development function.
- Prior experience with a global financial services institution strongly preferred
- Strong background in vendor and budget management
- Highly collaborative with strong relationship management skills and ability to influence across senior stakeholder groups
- Ability to deliver results through others with a keen eye towards quality oversight and execution
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong executive presence
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical, leadership and organizational skills
- Agile in approach and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic global work environment
: We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at [email protected]
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.