Global Head of HR Business Partners, GTM at Atlassian (San Francisco, CA)
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic HR Business Partner Leader to deliver strategic HR solutions. As the Global Head of HR Business Partners for GTM (Go To Market), this position will partner with the GTM organization (which includes Sales, Marketing and Customer Support), connect business strategy and people priorities. This role will lead an HRBP Team that partners with global leaders and their teams spanning across America, Europe and Asia.
Reporting into the Global Head of HRBPs- Business Functions, this person will advise and partner with these functions with the help of our People Center of Excellence (CoE) and other internal partners/stakeholders. As with all matrixed organizations, collaboration and teaming is key.
The ideal candidate is a strategic and objective thinker, but scrappy and able to pivot quickly to changing priorities and decisions. Being a TEAM company, the ability to collaborate and partner with cross-functional teams to deliver outcomes are key enablers to success in this role. The ideal candidate will need to have deep HR craft knowledge, with practical experience executing and leading in a fast scaling environment and the ability to solve for problems effectively.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience leading an HRBP team with leadership that is rooted on Atlassian's cultures and values that includes openness, customer mindset, teaming and continuous improvement.
Atlassian is looking for someone who is passionate about delivering business impact and who truly understands the strategic value HR has in delivering a business unit's key objectives. Atlassian is at an unprecedented moment in their growth as they scale a company, much of which is predicated on continuing to build a world-class Product organization.
In this role, you'll be expected to:
- Partner with executive leadership to develop People Strategy and Roadmap aligned to the vision and longer-range strategies in connection with broader GTM vision
- Partner with regional HRBPs, Center of Excellence COE Partners, Strategy and Operations partners to deliver on talent strategy and operational plans.
- Lead the GTM HR Business Partner team in a way that supports their development and sets an example for Atlassian's values; Challenges team to grow with scale
- Design a GTM organization model for the future, taking into consideration organization, GTM strategy, revenue growth, geographical footprint, business units, Atlassian's products and our digital-first vision.
- Deliver core HR processes/programs being developed in our COEs to the function in tandem with local and regional HR Partner teams.
- In partnership with People Analytics and Operations, provide insightful analytics, trends, and actions to clients to drive planning decision-making and results.
- Build a culture of inclusion by infusing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategies into talent acquisition, manager growth and development, employee experience, and organizational health.
- Advise senior leadership through organizational scale, talent strategies and leadership development.
- 12+ years HR experience with progressively challenging responsibilities in Business Partner and leadership roles inclusive of high-growth, technology companies.
- 3+ years experience working with Sales and/or Marketing clients.
- Growth mindset with a desire for continuous learning and embraces challenges and risks as new opportunities.
- Leading and/or coaching a team of HR Business Partners to successfully execute on HR programs, priorities; must demonstrate leadership that is aligned with Atlassian's values.
- Experience working with global/international teams expanding into emerging markets, while excelling in high growth, global organizations.
- Highly collaborative approach with the ability to quickly build strong and trusted relationships across leadership teams, cross-functional partners, and key stakeholders.
- Energy to get things done in an iterative approach and willingness to jump from strategy to development to change management in order to scale programs aimed at driving business outcomes.
- Excellent business storytelling skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to translate "HR speak" and data insights into an accessible, influential narrative.
- Systems thinker and analytic-minded with success in developing and delivering solutions to the business.
- Business-first mindset with an ability to work at multiple levels of the HR stack; primarily focused on strategic impact while being comfortable driving programs linked to clear business outcomes.
- Strong executive presence; ability to work with senior leaders and executive teams.
- Objective thinker with an ability to get to the source of problems rather than solving for symptoms.
- Passion and urgency while balancing wisdom and care in work.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Inspires a culture of innovation, execution, collaboration, accountability, and positivity.
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character.
- Strong work ethic and passion around the People and Talent function.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and business acumen.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .