Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian has an amazing opportunity for a dynamic and upbeat HR Business Partner Leader to lead the HRBP team for the Engineering organization as well as partner directly with the Chief Technical Officer. This role also oversees the HRBP Team that partners with global leaders and their teams spanning across America, Europe and Asia.
This person will sit on the CTO leadership team and work closely with management to guide and advise on all HR-related issues including leadership development and onboarding, organizational health, culture, org design and workforce planning, retention and selection of critical hires.
Reporting into the Head of HRBP, R&D, this person will support these functions with the help of HR Enablement Partners, ER partners, and the COEs. As with all matrixed organizations, collaboration is key.
Atlassian is looking for someone who is passionate about delivering business impact and who truly understands the strategic value HR has in delivering a business unit's key objectives. Atlassian is at an unprecedented moment in their growth as they scale a company, much of which is predicated on continuing to build a world-class Product organization.
In this role, you'll be expected to:
- Envision, lead and implement talent priorities across the employee lifecycle for a fast scaling Engineering org.
- Demonstrate and accelerate the adoption of COE/People solutions to drive transformational change.
- Implement strategic organization and talent plans and drive executive talent evaluation and pay decisions.
- Continually evaluate the efficiency of the leadership team and support the ongoing development of those leaders.
- 10+ years of HR experience with dynamic, challenging responsibilities as a strategic partner working with a distributed team (international experience or exposure is a huge bonus).
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing HRBP teams.
- A history of partnering well with senior leadership teams and partners to develop a culture of innovation, excellence, and openness; abilities and ideas that build and improve the culture.
- Critical thinking and data analysis skills with success in working cross-functionally to implement solutions to business issues.
- Ability to work effectively in a constantly evolving environment.
- Problem solving skills and ability to run multiple complex challenges and prioritize projects.
- Strong partner alignment and management skills in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ideally, you will have worked with large client groups within a fast-growing company and engineering environment.
- Ability and willingness to work at all levels of the HR "stack" - strategic, operational, and tactical.
- Dynamic and disciplined thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for making a mark in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Natural leader and engaged team player with strong interpersonal capabilities; ability to maintain a positive culture.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and business acumen.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills at all levels, able to advocate and obtain necessary buy-in for programs, can set up scalable processes/programs.
- Inspires a culture of innovation, execution, collaboration, accountability, and positivity.
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character.
- Strong work ethic and passion around the People and Talent function.
- Experience leading and developing successful teams in high growth environments.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .