LivePerson is a transformational force in how Brands and Consumers communicate. With over 18,000 customers including Disney, HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers to join the team. To lead our organization into the next phase of growth, we are looking for a Global Head of Diversity, Talent and Culture.
The Global Head of Diversity, Talent and Culture is a critical leadership role central to distinguishing LivePerson’s culture worldwide as industry leading and best in class characterized by collaboration, innovation, excellence, compassion and the belief that achieving big, audacious goals to change the world is possible.
The Global Head of Diversity, Talent and Culture will set the strategic framework and operationalize the vision through implementing initiatives with an inclusive approach to developing global leaders, building manager capability, empowering employees to develop their skills and navigate their careers, establishing a learning culture and designing the organization for scale. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this role is a combination of strategic and operational leadership that will work in partnership with the Executive Team, the People Team and across all business functions to deliver results that will ultimately drive higher value to our customers, partners and improve business success.
Develop and drive a bold, innovative, comprehensive talent, diversity and inclusion strategy that advances LivePerson’s business goals, reflects our values, amplifies our culture and empowers LP to become the “Employer of Choice” for the best and brightest in the global tech market.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I)
- Partner with executives, the People Team and empowered employees to develop and implement sustainable, data driven DE&I programs that enhance the employee experience from onboarding through all stages of the employee life cycle
- Provide leadership to the LP Diversity Council by ensuring alignment to the broader DE&I and global People strategy, providing guidance and lending support in developing, prioritizing, and implementing DE&I initiatives.
- Further empower our Employee Resource Groups to leverage their unique, diverse perspectives to help LP achieve it's business goals
- Provide leadership in designing global mentor and sponsor programs that ensure under-represented employees have equal access to leaders who can help employees develop and navigate their careers
- Create a vision for developing highly effective leaders that build strong teams, lead with empathy, and unlock the capabilities of a global, dynamic diverse workforce
- Design learning programs that build manager capability to ensure people managers engage with their employees in a personalized way resulting in high performance, rich career development and empowered teams.
- Develop and implement integrated talent practices that enable employee learning, growth and career progression inclusive of career conversations, goal setting, progress check ins, feedback, re-skilling and coaching.
- Develop integrated talent practices that allow LP to strategically manage our talent inclusive of talent reviews, executive succession planning, and strategic talent deployment.
- Create organization design and development consultation capability partnering with HR business partners and leaders to enable the business to scale.
The Global Talent, Diversity, & Culture leader will also:
- Use a data driven approach to identify needs, design solutions, assess results and continuously evolve our talent practices.
- Continually assesses the effectiveness and competitiveness of programs and practices by leveraging industry trends, benchmarks and best practices against relevant comparable companies and industries.
- Have an awareness and understanding of the leading research and science underlying new methods and approaches in the space of talent, diversity and culture
- Develop an integrated talent system/platform that enables employees to manage their careers and the company to strategically plan short and long term talent deployments.
- Manage a global team
You will thrive at LivePerson in this role if:
- You are business minded and understand how to design and apply talent solutions to address business challenges
- You are passionate about technology, nerd out about AI, how it can be applied and how you can learn more about it (don’t worry we’ll help)
- You understand how to leverage data and people analytics in the context of broad systems thinking.
- You have a global talent mindset and understand diversity, inclusion, employee performance, leadership and organizational effectiveness in a world view context
- You are results oriented, thrive in fast paced environments, are compassionate and perpetually curious
- You have a leadership presence and the ability to influence through storytelling, collaborating with senior executives, entry level employees and everyone in between
- You are bent towards creative problem solving and have a track record for innovative leadership
- You seek diverse opinions to learn and make better decisions
- You relate to our core principles and want to work with high caliber talent in their respective fields
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience; MA/MBA preferred
- 15+ years of experience working in fast paced, high growth global organizations
- 5+ years of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion experience with 5+ years of either HRBP, talent management, learning and/or OD
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer amazing colleagues along with opportunities to push your own limits to grow. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.