Executive Recruiter - Tech at Samsara (Remote)
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,600 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
At Samsara, we invest in our people and hiring is a team effort that is crucial to our success. We are looking for a talented, experienced Executive Recruiter to partner with our senior leadership team to hire the best executive talent for Samsara. This person would be one of the first hires on this team and instrumental in building out the executive search function at Samsara. You will serve as the subject matter expert across Director, VP, and C-level searches. Our recruiting team operates at a fast pace while delivering the best in class candidate experience.
Executive Search is the newest part of the recruiting team focused on hiring the next generation of Senior Leaders at Samsara. In this role, you are responsible for hiring leadership roles (Director/VP) globally across the R&D org. These roles require a high touch, high level of service for our internal team and candidates you interact with.In this role, you will:
- Create, drive and manage the candidate engagement & strategy for each assigned executive search (Director-level +)
- Conduct research to map target companies and top talent for Samsara
- Build a comprehensive strategy for identifying & engaging a wide array of diverse candidates for each search
- Maintain professional and courteous candidate communication
- Foster long-term relationships with prospective candidates
- Offer guidance and facilitate the negotiation process through to offer acceptance
- Develop innovative ways to raise the bar on how Samsara recruits talent
- Calibrate candidates with hiring managers
- Build out talent networks and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an on-going pool of candidates, and create a robust pipeline to draw from for future Dir + openings
- Partner with search firms on searches that we decide to not do internally. Be able to take learnings and best practices from these agencies and replicate them for internal search
- Provide an excellent internal client experience with detailed communication and frequent updates
- Help build the executive search function by helping onboard and interviewing for new team members
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 8+ years of experience recruiting senior level candidates
- A mix of in-house recruiting experience in a fast-paced environment and experience at a top executive search firm
- Subject matter expert at partnering with compensation team on compensation packages and able to lead compensation negotiations
- Strong domain knowledge in executive search
- Strong candidate assessment skills
- Deep understanding of company and business you support
- Passionate about hiring a diverse team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.