Events & Employee Experience Specialist at Trainual
| Phoenix – Mesa – Scottsdale, AZ
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:19 p.m. (CST) on Saturday, January 22, 2022
Trainual is a team of 80+ super talented folks obsessed with making small business easier. And while our team members come with diverse experiences, we’re united by our passion for making ideas happen. Trainual makes it easy to document and organize every process, policy, and SOP for every role and responsibility in one place so growing teams and busy leaders can automate their onboarding and training, stop repeating themselves, and grow more efficiently. We launched our Business Playbook™ platform in 2018, and today, thousands of companies in nearly every industry across the world use it to streamline their operations and scale their teams.
Trainual is hiring an Events & Employee Experience Specialist to own and elevate our employee experience through company events, new hire onboarding, and other cultural programs to celebrate our unique team and values!
Our dream candidate thrives on finding and owning new ways to surprise and delight our employees through planning and executing world-class in-person and remote events, creative engaging experiences for the team, and ushering in the next generation of Trainual team members through a kick a$$ employee onboarding!
You love thinking about calendar invite copy and building robust, detailed agendas just as much as you like MCing the event day of, right?
So, if you aggressively organize and project manage everything in your life, are detail-oriented to a fault, are obsessed with people, and live to create beautiful experiences, apply already! This is a hybrid-remote role with ~25% in-office expectation. This role is based in Scottsdale, AZ!
What you will own & improve:
- Drive Hybrid Employee Engagement through Events: You will own the entire event planning process from ideation to execution. You will be responsible for ensuring every Trainual employee feels like they belong at Trainual so they stay engaged, happy, and productive during their tenure on the team. You will have the opportunity to be super creative with how we manage hybrid employee engagement and community building for a team distributed all over the United States. You will be in charge of our annual retreat, annual holiday party, in-person quarterly events, remote quarterly events, ad hoc team bonding, affinity group/club sponsored activities, and any other community or culture building events you want to host!
- Ensure New Hire Success through Onboarding: Onboarding at Trainual is an experience. You will own the new hire experience from the moment their offer letter is signed through their first 2 weeks! We want the new employee onboarding experience to reflect Trainual’s commitment to employee-centric, high caliber events that foster genuine community from Day 1.
- Act as Trainual’s Cultural Ambassador: You will support and facilitate an employee-driven, bottoms-up engagement strategy through the management of Trainual’s employee clubs and affinity groups. You will also lead ad hoc cultural events to further build the Trainual community. Our values and shared principles are core to our culture. Our values award(s), the Wooly, is one way you get to evangelize and celebrate our employees that live our values every day! You’ll own this award process and evangelize our values along the way.
- Intentional Internal Communication: Scaling culture doesn’t happen by accident. Intentional communication plays a key role in scaling a values aligned team built on trust. You will intentionally and transparently disseminate information through our monthly internal newsletter, slack messages, calendar invites, detailed gdoc agendas, and company wide updates in our All Hands meetings to drive our focus on values, community, and connectedness.
What you already know:
- You could plan and project manage a multi-day event in another state for 100 people in your sleep. $100,000 budget? International travel? No big deal.
- You know how to manage the entire events cycle from the tiniest details like team member dietary restrictions and transportation scheduling to finding values aligned vendor-partners that will elevate our employee experience!
- You know how to manage the logistics of the ever changing COVID-19 protocols for in-person events and other employee engagement activities.
- You know how to effectively collaborate with and disseminate information to a team of 75+ people distributed across the United States.
- You know how to drive genuine employee engagement through community building, onboarding, and other cultural activities. (remote, hybrid, and in person).
How success is measured:
- Successful execution of events that drive high engagement, happiness, and connectedness.
- Employee satisfaction with new hire onboarding, events, and navigating hybrid culture, as defined by post-event feedback scores.
- eNPS (aka, does our team like working at Trainual).
About the Team
You will report to Trainual’s Head of People Ops, Sasha Robinson and sit on the People Operations team! Your partner in crime is Trainual’s Talent Partner, Marlowe Everett!
Location: Scottsdale, AZ! This is a hybrid role with an expectation of ~25% of your time spent at the office for onboarding and events!
We’re a great place to work. AZCentral named Trainual the #1 place to work in Arizona. And Inc recognized us on their 2021 Best Workplaces list. But we can’t say we blame them. We’re a hybrid team with an unwavering culture that recognizes everyone’s impact matters.
We’ve got benefits on benefits. Above market pay, an annual experience fund, 4 weeks paid vacation (plus 5 sick days), the latest tech, parental leave, 401k matching, free One Medical subscription, and top-notch health care - just to name a few.
We’re disrupting the SMB industry. Our goal is to equip every team with a winning playbook. One that provides clarity around who does what and how. And with 5k small businesses scaling what they do with Trainual, we’re only scratching the surface.
We’re in good company. In June 2021, we closed a $27M Series B round. And we partner with some of the biggest names in small business, including Shark Tank star Daymond John, Slack, Loom, the cast of The Office, and more.
We all own what we’re building. Everyone who works at Trainual has life-changing pre-IPO equity. That way, you can be proud of what we’re building and sleep well knowing your teammates are (literally) just as invested as you are.
Competitive salary: We pay at or above market salary in most cases and leverage extensive amounts of data to ensure everyone is paid well.
Health insurance: We cover 100% of the employee premiums and significantly subsidize family plans. We use Justworks to make benefits easy. We offer additional healthcare resources like RedirectHealth, OneMedical, FSA, and HSA. Plus all HSA compatible plans are met with a company HSA match of up to $1,000 a year.
Dental & vision: We offer subsidized dental and vision coverage.
Short-term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance: We cover 100% of the premiums for Short Term Disability Insurance and 1x salary Life Insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary disability and life insurance through our provider.
Paid time off: 4 weeks of paid vacation. 5 days of paid sick time. 12 paid holidays.
Paid parental leave, including adoption: 8 weeks of fully paid time off.
401k with a 3% matching through Guideline 401(k).
Experience stipend: Up to $500 per year to experience something new - whether that’s a new ice cream flavor or a new country.
Great tools: Each employee receives a Mac laptop and a 27'' display (or equivalent). We’ll also purchase any of the software or hardware you need.
Complete transparency: Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Show Up Ready: Plan enough to pull it off, and pivot if needed. For our customers and our co-workers, we embody preparation and order. We work from an agenda. We start and end meetings on time. We put in the effort to polish what we present, all in an effort to build trust with those around us. When a company hires Trainual, they expect an experience that feels simple. The appearance of simplicity requires tremendous planning and preparation, so this characteristic has to be a core trait of everyone that works here.
Make Ideas Happen: Execute on what you innovate. We don’t just tolerate change, and go along for the ride; we drive change. Companies are like cruise ships, and turning them can take some time. But turning the wheel happens in just a few seconds. It’s the decision to redirect, and to make something different. It’s the vantage point at the front of the boat where you can see where you’re heading, before anyone else knows. We are the ones to initiate this change. It’s up to us to have the vision, to always look forward, and to spot obstacles and opportunities before they become issues.
Carry the Groceries: Carry extra weight without being asked. Go above and beyond whenever you sense a need. Look for opportunities to impress, and be ready to roll your sleeves up to make someone else’s life a little easier. It’s what we do. "Before starting my first business, I bagged groceries at a supermarket in Massachusetts. No one ever expected me to carry the groceries to the car, but when I did, it made their day. It’s such a simple thing, and took only an extra minute of my time, but it made a tremendous difference in that customer’s experience at the store. At Trainual, be helpful everywhere possible." - Chris Ronzio, CEO
No Red Tape: Work hard to make every process easy. There is nothing more frustrating than a bureaucratic process, and you won’t find one here. Never make customers or coworkers jump through hoops. Don’t let policy supersede logic. You’ll never go wrong making things easier on others, so challenge every system that could have fewer steps, more automation, and less complexity.
Collect Experiences: Have endless curiosity for a new perspective and knowledge. We work with people in all different industries, from all different walks of life. In order to build trust, understand the real picture, and help create change, we need to build real relationships. Listen to others, and relate to them. Be an experience collector, so that you have an endless supply of topics that can be used to find common ground.
Everyone has a Key: In results we trust. You'll notice from your first day that every employee at Trainual literally has a key to the office. We trust you, or we wouldn't have hired you. Some people say trust is earned, but we believe that trust is the default. Everyone carries their weight, and everyone is an owner of what we are building. We won't tell you exactly how to get the job done -- you won't find micromanagement here. So, remember that your productivity is measured by your impact and your effort.
Hybrid Work at Trainual
At Trainual, we believe everyone has a key, literally. This value means you are an owner of your experience, productivity, and growth. We know everyone is different - productive at different times of day, in different settings, with different types of work. So what does this mean for the future of work at Trainual?
TL;DR - Work when, where, and how you work best.
- No one is required to come back to the office, ever.
- Anyone can work from the office at any time.
- If you live in Phoenix, there is no requirement of days worked in the office.
- You can work with your leader to find a schedule that works for you and the team.
- If you want to relocate to PHX, we will help make that happen!
We want everyone to have a community, trusted relationships, easy collaboration, and a clear path for growth while maintaining the autonomy, ownership, and flexibility we've enjoyed with the transition to fully remote during the pandemic. As we transition to our hybrid work model, we want each team member to own their experience to ensure they are happy and fulfilled.
Location: 80% of our team is based out of Phoenix, AZ and our preference for new team members is local due to the ease of ad hoc collaboration and community building. However, we know great talent lives all over! If you don't live in Arizona and are interested in working at Trainual, we will consider each state on a case-by-case basis due to the implications of doing business in each state.
Visa Sponsorship: We welcome and support people of all different backgrounds (18% of our team was either born or raised outside of the US)! However, due to the constraints of being a small startup, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Check out our blog with more details here: https://trainual.com/trainual-embraces-remote-first/
I’m getting the feeling that you’re ready to click that apply button. So just do it. Join us in building the turnkey operations manual and playbook solution for companies all over the world! We know you want to.
More Information on Trainual
Trainual operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Scottsdale, AZ. Trainual was founded in 2014. It has 65 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 7 open jobs at Trainual, click here.
Read Full Job Description