Employee Experience Associate at GumGum
GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Employee Experience Associate is an integral role at GumGum, responsible for overseeing, executing and communicating on company-wide employee engagement programs and events with a focus on fostering an excellent employee experience. The role is responsible for nurturing culture and engagement while overseeing strategies focused on improving the experience for all employees in our offices around the globe - both in-person and virtually.
With guidance and leadership from the Senior Director of People and Culture, the role serves as an internal advisor initiating ideas across the organization that influence people programs, engagement, and a culture of thoughtfulness, agility and grit with a focus on retention and high engagement of key talent.
As the Employee Experience Associate, this role touches key milestones for all new GumGummers, providing them with a best-in-class onboarding experience and continuing to build on engagement throughout their tenure.
- “GumGum Connect” Program Ownership
- Owns and leads our employee experience programming called “GumGum Connect”
- Manages the ‘Connect’ internal website including all content planning, updates to sub pages, events announcements and ‘what’s trending’.
- In partnership with relevant teams and leaders, leads all planning and execution of Monthly programming for Connect. Examples include all Spotlight month programming (Hispanic Heritage Month, Juneteenth, APAHM, Pride, etc)
- Measures feedback and success of programs and makes recommendations to grow and optimize program
- Enhances the experience of new GumGummers as they learn to integrate into GumGum (first 3-6 months).
- Proactively communicating in company channels to promote and engage GumGum communities and promote events.
- Accountable for the ongoing planning and execution of GumGum programs within Connect such as Leadership Bites, GumGum Fit, Life Skills for Gummies, etc.
- Manage budgeting for all programming & events within GumGum Connect.
- In partnership with the People & Culture Team, serve as editor of communications drafted by People team members, offering program partnership and support on voice and style, content review/editing, and crafting messages that align to our culture and values.
- Employee Onboarding Program
- Owns end-to-end onboarding experience; from orientation through post-offer letter communication, while ensuring GumGummers are fully oriented into their new role.
- Conducts all onboarding for new starters including company overview and GROW with GumGum orientation.
- Exit Facilitation
- Conducts all exit interviews including all reporting and uses insights to drive greater improvement of people programs or reports items of concern to appropriate Business Partner for follow up.
- Works with IT Support and People Operations to successfully offboard employees and return equipment.
- Event Management
- Plan and manage employee morale events; occasionally partner with external event planning partners on morale events.
- Act as logistics specialist for all learning and development programs being planned by the People team; providing scheduling, meeting setup and attendance monitoring for any compliance training.
- Serve as the central resource and a trusted advisor to internal stakeholders in matters related to employee experience and programs (such as encouraging leaders to run morale events for teams) and maintain a central ideas catalogue to support leaders with fresh ideas.
- Partner with the Marketing team for design support on event invites, branding & gifting.
- Celebrations and Gifting
- Manage GumGum’s anniversary and birthday celebrations including partnering with Blueboard for anniversary reward distribution and budget management.
- Lead ‘Surprise and Delight’ programming - bringing moments of unexpected joy and celebration to our team members
- Drive employee gifting for milestone celebrations (weddings, babies, promotions, etc).
- Maintain Swag inventory for our New Hire Welcome Kits.
- Partner with Marketing on employee-related collateral for employee engagement as well as some People Team initiatives.
- Onsite Management / Office of the future
NOTE: GumGum is currently operating in a 100% ‘remote’ / work from home environment and will be planning our version of ‘office of the future’ to open in 2022.
- Handle local logistics and mail room management in Santa Monica.
- Serve as the main point of contact for security and site management for leased sites.
- Act as project coordinator for Office of Future program of work.
- A BA or BS in human resources, marketing, communications, or one of the social sciences
- 2 - 3 years experience working in HR/ employee experience/ engagement/ internal communications, events &/or marketing
- Proven experience developing, packaging and communicating employee initiatives and programs organization-wide
- Strong written and storytelling skills, with strong organizational and program management skills
- Innovative thinker who demonstrates bold and creative thinking
- Proactive self-starter who is comfortable operating at a fast pace across multiple projects
- Consultative and collaborative approach
- Ability to collect and analyze data and feedback to implement organizational change
- Squarespace administration experience a plus
- Ability to work autonomously
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum