Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Program Manager at Mapbox (Remote)
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.5 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps.What We Do
The Internal Communications and Employee Engagement team ensures all Mapbox employees have a voice, are engaged, connected and informed, and have a shared understanding of company goals, values, and guidelines. This is through strong partnerships across the organization and managing critical components of comprehensive employee engagement events, DEI strategies, learning and development programming, communications, and employer brand campaigns. The team's mission is to deliver purpose-focused messaging and meaningful employee experiences that inspire action and drive the business. We are curious and passionate about fostering an inclusive culture where all employees can thrive.What You'll Do
Mapbox is looking for a DEI Program Manager reporting to the Head of Internal Communications and Employee Engagement to lead this function during an exciting time of growth and global expansion and to help drive operational excellence. You will help set diversity, equity and inclusion strategy for the company and lead DEI initiatives. You will partner with leaders and employees across the company and work closely with the People Leadership team, HRBPs and Talent to set DEI goals, establish best practices, educate managers and team members across Mapbox.
- Advise, implement and measure Mapbox’s strategy for diversity, equity and inclusion. Ensure our DEI strategy is folded into all areas of the business.
- Review and enhance our current Employee Resource Group (ERG) initiatives to expand their impact across the company.
- Work closely with Recruiting to build effective sourcing strategies and community outreach.
- Partner with HRBPs to create customized organization and function-specific goals in the advancement of Mapbox DEI strategy.
- Act as the liaison to external diversity and inclusion organizations, events and or sponsorships.
- Ensure that we are taking a data driven approach to decisions and track the ROI of programs and initiatives.
- Partner with the HR Business Partners and Learning and Development Team to design and execute additional company-wide and critical people programs.
- Drive transformational initiatives and work to increase our efficiency and help us design programs and processes that will allow us to scale globally.
- Ensure that Mapbox’s unique values, culture and diversity are reflected in all decisions, programs, and processes as the company scales.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in leading People initiatives and programs with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Deep DEI subject matter expertise. In depth knowledge of racial and social justice issues. Familiarity with multiple cultural frameworks, values and norms.
- Experience building communication plans as well as executing against them
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience building cross-functional relationships
- Experience supporting high growth organizations
- Experience working with Tech orgs
- Experience in a consultative and/or influencing role with a variety of stakeholders
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity