Director, Total Rewards at HealthVerity (Philadelphia, PA)
| Philadelphia, PA
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:42 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, July 5, 2022
You understand innately that engaging the discretionary effort of high-performing teams requires an environment that fosters respect and cultivates trust. You have a natural way of building that trust by creating programs that strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity and growth for all team members. Creating a culture where everyone feels seen and heard is a challenge that inspires you. Driving people leaders to make decisions is your superpower.
How you will help
HealthVerity is on a mission to solve some of the most critical and complicated healthcare challenges through the use of our real-world data infrastructure and transformative technologies.
Partner with our people leaders to drive HealthVerity’s compensation and benefits strategies. This is a critical role and has responsibility for ensuring that our total rewards strategies are competitive and well structured to make certain that we offer a compelling value proposition to our current and prospective team members.
You will focus on design and implementation of scalable compensation and benefits roadmap or programs, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and developing recommendations. You will drive the data management of compensation systems and tools. Additionally, you will support the effort to ensure that compensation remains equitable and competitive.
What you will do
• Provide hands-on leadership for the planning, deployment and management of Total Rewards programs including Compensation, Benefits & Wellness and other employee focused programs (spot awards, service awards, team member recognition)
• Lead the Total Rewards team, ensuring the ongoing coaching and development while providing a culture of trust and empowerment
• Analyze jobs, salaries and incentives to ensure equitable pay practices, internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance
• Ensure that our Equity, Inclusion & Diversity statement and values are reflected in our Total Rewards strategy
• Collaborate with benefit annual renewals and enrollment team, involved in all phases of renewal discussions, benefits communication and change management plans
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal and regulatory requirements, maintaining a proactive approach with new and anticipated changes to legislation and regulation, which may impact organizational processes and objectives
• Experience and knowledge in ACA and 1095 reporting requirements by state
• Design and implement compensation and rewards programs and policies that are well-understood and valued by managers and employees; develop comprehensive communications and training materialsBuild and maintain strong relationships with company leaders and collaborate with a high level of influence to ensure that compensation structure supports strategic objectives
• Educate leaders, managers and team members on the company’s Total Rewards compensation philosophy
• Drive a culture that rewards, promotes and encourages high performance throughout the organization
• Analyze and effectively interpret salary survey and other relevant market data, developing recommendations for updates to job architecture, salary structures and benefits offerings
• Oversee vendor relations with benefits partners, ensuring best interest of company in the discussion of all benefit changes, enhancements, etc.
• Create strategic plans to address compensation and retention issues
• Conduct compensation analysis to analyze, diagnose and recommend solutions
• Interpret compensation policies and apply judgment of application for the business
• Compile and evaluate quantitative and qualitative compensation related data sets against internal and external benchmarking
• Optimize and administer in-house tools for compensation analysis, reporting, forecasting, planning and administration
• Conduct ongoing metrics analysis and supporting new analytic strategies for current and future measurement
Required Skills and Experience
• Hands-on benefit experience including knowledge of health and welfare plans, FMLA, paid & unpaid LOA and other, time off practices and retirement plans
• Excel super user: Demonstrated expertise in building, managing and using Excel tools for compensation calculation, analysis and related purposes
• Demonstrated success in designing and managing a compensation strategy that is competitive, equitable, and aligned with the company’s compensation philosophy
• 10+ years of relevant rewards experience, including a strong emphasis on compensation administration across cash and equity compensation, as well as employee-centric benefits programs
• 4+ years managing/leading a team
• Experience managing equity plans
• Experience with the design and execution of Total Rewards programs within a rapidly scaling organization
• Proven research and problem solving skills
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Deep analytical reporting experience
• Thoroughly understands and applies compensation principles and practices
• Excellent communication, collaboration and presentation skills
• Able to deliver independently and take the lead on initiatives
• CCP and/or CEBS certification preferred
* Must be based within reasonable traveling distance to the Greater Philadelphia area to allow for in-office collaboration on a regular basis
At HealthVerity we are actively solving some of the greatest challenges in healthcare through innovative technology and data solutions. Our customers and partners including pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers and government organizations look to HealthVerity to partner on their most complicated use cases, leveraging our transformative technologies and real-world data infrastructure. The HealthVerity IPGE platform, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange, enables the discovery of RWD across the broadest healthcare data ecosystem, the building of more complete and accurate patient journeys and the ability to power best-in-class analytics and applications with flexibility and ease. To learn more about the HealthVerity IPGE platform, visit www.healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]
HealthVerity offers in-office and remote options, so you can work from anywhere within the US! #LI-Remote
More Information on HealthVerity
HealthVerity operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Philadelphia, PA. HealthVerity was founded in 2015. It has 150 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all 11 open jobs at HealthVerity, click here.
Read Full Job Description