Director of Talent/Recruiting at SimplyInsured (Remote)
SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and families. With more than 20,000 customers and major partnerships with Intuit and Square, we are growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted, confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our team’s broad experience includes founding companies; scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Criteo, Chariot, KMS, and Alliance Data; consulting at Bain, McKinsey, and Deloitte; and venture capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top-tier investors at Polaris Partners, New York Life Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital. We are a Series A company and have raised $10M+ in venture capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every perspective is respected and supported. We are motivated by the diversity in our backgrounds and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.
In this role, the Director of Recruiting will report to our CEO. This person will work to attract, hire, and retain the best and brightest to work at SimplyInsured. This is a full-cycle position - sourcing, interviewing, closing for both executive level and individual contributor positions. This role will manage a team of recruiters, and also be responsible for developing our hiring and talent strategy. Work cross-functionally with internal and external team members to provide an exceptional experience to our candidates.Responsibilities
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process to ensure a seamless, uniform and incredibly positive candidate experience
- Work across functions to recruit Customer Support, Operations, Engineering, Sales and Marketing
- Ensure that we can track, analyze and report on hiring metrics to leadership on a regular cadence
- Hire team members across our offices in San Francisco, Salt Lake City and remote
- Create a scalable process that meets the needs of our growing company
- Partner with internal clients to develop sourcing strategy for current and future needs
- Innovate on ways to build a talent pipeline and recruit in a variety of venues
- Build strong pipeline to source and connect with potential candidates
- Source candidates from relevant networks, online and internal databases, employee referrals and passive candidates through networking and research
- Conduct regular business partners' meetings to educate on recruiting best practices, market data, including execution of recruiting processes and tools
- Work internally with hiring managers to understand positions and team needs
- Create job descriptions, role profiles, and offer packages based on the position and company requirements
- Building diverse and inclusive teams
- 7+ years of technical recruiting experience
- A clear and effective communication style, and the ability to tailor your message to different audiences
- A candidate-centric attitude and drive to provide incredible experiences for every person we interact with
- Management experience in leading a team of 1-5 people
- Demonstrable experience in partnering to build and refine the hiring process
- Excellent interpersonal skills; you build trust easily
- A growth mindset and flexibility
- Strong decision making skills and the ability to prioritize through competing demands and complex problems
Benefits and Perks
- We're currently working from home due to Covid-19, and the following don't apply until we're safely back in the office: Team Outings (in-person), Offsite Retreats Every 6 months (in-person), Dog-Friendly Offices, Collaborative Office Space, and Stocked Kitchen
- Competitive compensation, with a clear career progression ladder based on metrics & licensing
- Generous stock option packages
- Take what you need - time off plan
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- FSA plan
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success
With the spread of COVID-19, SimplyInsured offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees who require access. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.