Who we are
Lilt is a language translation services and technology company. We're building the next generation of localization, making it possible for every organization to communicate with their customers in the language of their choice through Lilt's high-quality, scalable, and affordable translation services.
We recruit the world's best human translators and equip them with our software, allowing them to translate better and faster than ever. By combining human expertise and machine efficiency in a complete enterprise localization solution, we can deliver technology-enabled translation services to our customers.
Lilt is backed by some of the world's leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Intel Capital, and Redpoint. Our customers include some of the largest Fortune 500 companies in the world who rely on Lilt every day to provide more personal customer experiences in 300+ languages.
Our team has hubs in the Bay Area, Indianapolis, Washington DC, Berlin, Dublin, and London.
What you’ll do
In collaboration with our Head of People, the Director of Talent Acquisition’s mission is to own the Talent Acquisition/Recruiting function to ensure hiring managers are getting the support they need to fill their roles with qualified candidates in a timely manner.
This role will work remotely from Washington D.C. until such time as the Company establishes permanent office premises, at which time this role will be expected to work in the office in a hybrid capacity.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring recruitment procedures, from sourcing to hiring, managing a team of recruiters, and identifying high-potential candidates. If you have previous experience in a senior recruiting position and know how to build a strong employer brand, we’d like to meet you.
- Ultimately, you will help us grow our teams with qualified employees and achieve our business goals.
- Support the TA team in regards to building talent pipelines for current and future job openings.
- Develop strategies and processes that use both traditional and innovative sources to cover all possible talent pools available. Source qualified and diverse candidates through various methods.
- Manage our external partnerships with colleges, job boards, HR software vendors, and recruiting vendors.
- Implement online and offline employer branding activities.
- Prepare and review our annual recruitment budget.
- Oversee all stages of candidate experience (including application, interviews, and communication).
- Forecast hiring needs based on business growth plans.
- Manage, train, and evaluate our team of recruiters.
- Create standardized reporting systems that will regularly lead to identifying solutions and improvement areas for recruiting programs. Develop and maintain measurement statistics related to recruiting costs and effectiveness such as cost containment and retention, the effectiveness of sourcing methods, cost-per-hire, budgets, etc., to include open requisition reports and other reports as required.
- Manage and engage outside recruiters, temporary agencies, and consultants to ensure efficient use of budgetary resources and timely completion of assigned positions to be filled…up to and including reduction of using these types of roles
- Provide recruitment counsel, guidance, and training to hiring managers and HR professionals with hiring and employment data. May develop specialized or competitive intelligence and research in regards to talent development or retention.
- Ensures compliance with State, Federal and AAP job posting and reporting requirements.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Human Resources or related area preferred.
- Minimum seven years' experience in managing a recruiting process across multi-locations and multi-discipline functions.
- Minimum five years' experience in managing a team.
- Experience and proficiency with human capital management systems and applicant tracking software.
- High Energy and Team Player who will reflect the Lilt Values.
- Works with a sense of urgency and is results oriented.
- Proficient in interviewing, candidate selection, and working knowledge of legal requirements.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision making to achieve staffing levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to deliver clear messages, direction and action plans to peers and all management and executive levels of the organization.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment, be innovative and willing to take risks, be welcoming to change, and be proactive and self-motivated working under minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills, work comfortably in a cross-functional setting, have a strong executive presence, and demonstrate composure under stress and in times of ambiguity.
- Knowledge of legal aspects and personnel practices and theories related to Human Resources specifically around the employment selection processes and recruiting compliance.
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Lever Goal and metrics-driven mindset with accountability for results and a strong customer service orientation.
- Proven ability to manage and use internet tools, social media, and cutting-edge techniques for identifying and sourcing qualified candidates.
What we offer:
- Compensation: Competitive salary, meaningful equity, and 401k matching.
- Health care: Employees receive coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Monthly lifestyle benefit stipend via the Fringe platform to allow employees to customize benefits to their lifestyle
Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
All US employees are required to be vaccinated per Lilt's Company policy (some exceptions may apply)
Lilt is an equal opportunity employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to an individual’s race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, veteran or marital status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. We are committed to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
More Information on Lilt
Lilt operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and Indianapolis, IN. Lilt was founded in 2015. It has 288 total employees. To see all 33 open jobs at Lilt, click here.
Read Full Job Description