Director of Talent Acquisition – Sales & Marketing at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Director of Talent Acquisition to lead our high-performance Sales and Marketing recruiting teams, focused on attracting and hiring top performing sales and marketing talent into Upwork.Join us and have a direct impact on growing our Sales teams!
Director, Talent Acquisition - Sales & Marketing
As the Director of Talent Acquisition for our Sales and Marketing organization you will build a strategic recruiting function that delivers groundbreaking talent in lock step with the growing business, and that operates with integrity and inclusive talent practices at its core.Your Responsibilities:
- Drive strategy: You will partner with leadership team, along with multiple cross-functional teams including the Office of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging to steer a recruiting strategy that’s driven by the goal of delivering the worlds most diverse workforce at scale. You translate business needs into strategy and drive quantifiable outcomes with greater predictability.
- Grow hiring accountability: Align the Sales and Marketing recruiting team’s processes and assess growth opportunities and weaknesses by using quantitative and qualitative data. Drive coordinated action and accountability from all partners in our hiring ecosystems so that we’re poised to hire the best people to drive our mission forward.
- Build positive relationships: Collaborate across the company and work closely with HR Business Partners to ensure we’re crafting sourcing and hiring efforts that address the needs of our partners while scaling for the future of Upwork.
- Demonstrate the impact of hiring efforts: Work with a cross-section of internal partners to build our business systems and processes that combine to support and carry the business forward.
- Continuously experiment and evolve: Use experience, external data and internal data to benchmark our practices and identify emerging trends for us to consider.
- Experience recruiting Sales and Marketing teams through high growth.
- Success in growing top of funnel with highly skilled diversity talent with quantifiable results.
- Previous experience improving hiring efficiency, and measuring quality of hires.
- Strong industry relationships that will aid with external partnerships and benchmarking.
- Deep knowledge of and a point of view about hiring analytics, talent strategy and organizational change.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, adapt quickly to shifting priorities, make timely decisions and drive behavioral change.
- Problem solver with the ability to switch seamlessly between critical thinking and tactical execution within a fast-paced environment.