Director of Recruiting at Balsam Brands (Boise, ID)
At Balsam Brands we aim to Create Joy Together for our customers, our team members, and the people within our communities. We are looking for a creative and results-oriented Director of Recruiting to lead our global recruiting team and strategy in the US, Canada, Ireland, and Philippines. In this role you will bring to life our purpose by ensuring a great hiring experience for all candidates, guiding fulfilling careers for your team, and building a values-aligned global team more broadly. You will be responsible for strategic partnerships with functional leads to understand business needs and iterate our annual hiring forecasting process. You will deftly apply both art and science in your leadership, using qualitative feedback, market data, and KPIs to evolve our recruiting strategy and help deliver the overall People strategy. Your ability to create authentic relationships across levels and geos will help drive your success. With a strong emphasis on inclusion and belonging, you will act as a trusted advisor to leaders, develop relationships with hiring managers, and lead the charge on ensuring our recruitment practices are equitable.
This position reports to the VP of People. This is a full-time position located in either Redwood City, California or Boise, Idaho. Our local teams are expected to work in a hybrid model, which includes two days in-office.
What you’ll do:
- Provide thought leadership for and drive continual improvement of our recruiting tools and practices, including regularly measuring effectiveness of external partnerships and technology resources, to ensure compliance, consistency, and integrity while building the ability to scale to the company’s talent needs
- Build strong relationships with People, Finance, and other functional business leaders to assess hiring plans and forecasting to deliver strong talent when and where it’s needed
- Coach, mentor, and develop global recruiting team members in both the US and Philippines, and provide active leadership as part of the larger People team
- Champion inclusion and belonging by driving a broad talent pool and enabling our interview and hiring teams to lead objective, skills-based assessments, and evaluations of our candidates
- Actively partner with Compensation team to inform and execute our compensation strategy and design our candidate offers
- When needed, directly manage open senior leader roles
- Regularly evaluate and iterate team structure and resources to support growing business needs
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in Recruiting, HR/People Operations, Talent Management and/or Organizational Development
- Minimum five (5) years of experience leading and developing a team, specifically managing a recruiting function
- Experience leading and implementing global recruitment strategies with teams in multiple geographies
- Proven success in designing and applying creative, values-aligned recruiting processes and sourcing strategies
- Hands-on experience attracting and coaching talent at all levels
- Experience with and passion for building teams and creating a recruiting foundation that prioritizes representation, inclusion, and equity
- Collaborative leadership, driven by a sense of urgency and willingness to adapt to a fast-paced and often-changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to build trust and relationships with team members and candidates at all levels
- Demonstrated project management and change management skills
- Unquestionable integrity, discretion, and confidentiality
- Agility and ease in both written and verbal communication, across range of audiences (both size and levels)
- Effective negotiation skills, and expertise managing challenging conversations
- Curiosity - to learn where we’ve come from and take us into the future
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. Please submit a cover letter and resume.
About Us: Balsam Brands is a global, eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity for those seeking to have a meaningful impact in a people-first company that values relationship building, authenticity, and doing the right thing. We have steadily growing teams in Boise, the Bay Area, Dublin, the Philippines - and most recently, Windsor, Canada!
The company's mission is to create joy together. We empower our team and partners to love what they do, provide products and experiences that inspire meaningful moments with family and friends, and give back to our families and communities in impactful ways. When you join Balsam Brands, you'll find a culture of caring people doing challenging work and building a welcoming workplace.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: https://bit.ly/balsambrandsforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
At Balsam Brands, we strive to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For permanent, full-time team members, this includes:
- Competitive compensation, including a cash-based incentive plan
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, with 100% of insurance costs covered for team members, and 85% covered for dependents
- Medical, transit, dependent care FSA
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to $4,000
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other mental health and wellness perks
- Paid holidays, annual shutdown week, PTO, and volunteer time-off (VTO) packages
- Annual continuous learning benefit up to $1,000 per person, per fiscal year
- Up to $300 flexible reimbursement to support setup of new team member's work-from-home environment
- Valuable extras: identity theft protection, subsidized parking, subsidized gym membership
At Balsam Brands, we strive to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team to fulfill our purpose to create joy together. Balsam Brands is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.