Director of People at Wistia
Wistia is 140+ people and scaling up the team. We’re rolling out a hybrid working model to support flexible work. We’re approaching team culture and connectedness creatively as we enter a new era of work. We continue to build and invest in our employee growth and development model. Our investment in DE&I comes from the top and we’re openly sharing our journey.
We’re looking for a Director of People to partner deeply with managers across the organization to support their teams. We’re looking for a people leader who gets excited to dig into culture and understand how it intersects with delivering on business goals. We need the type of person who thinks about, proposes and tinkers with systems to help our team do their best work and grow their careers. We need someone who is passionate about DE&I and building equity and inclusion into our processes. As the Director of People, you’ll play a critical role in supporting the growth of the business in coming years and have an opportunity to learn, experiment and be a part of a special culture, business and story.
- Employee relations. Be a go-to person for employees and managers navigating issues or challenges. Build out the systems to support handling performance issues at scale. Own all employee relations issues for everyone below the Director level
- Culture stewardship. Be a leader in aligning our culture with helping to execute on business goals. Build an employee experience that helps the team grow and better execute against their goals. Be a contributor to Wistia’s DEI strategy and efforts.
- Build Systems. Continuously look for ways to simplify and improve the people systems of the organization to better support company goals and our new hybrid working model.
- Support Performance and Growth. Help the business optimize for performance and growth through learning and development, calibration, performance management and other supporting systems.
- 5+ years owning employee relations. You should feel comfortable navigating difficult situations and guiding managers through challenges on their teams. You should also be comfortable mentoring others.
- Experience growing a company to over 175 employees. You should have experience building people systems that scale with the company, and some experience navigating the growing pains that come with increasing headcount. Experience growing a distributed or hybrid workforce highly-valued.
- Experience building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. DE&I is important to us. We are looking for a leader with some fluency and experience in DE&I initiatives.
- Comfort with ambiguity. We are learning into our strategy and growth. That sometimes means shifting gears quickly, or making decisions without all the information.
- Strong written and verbal communication. You'll be communicating to our team frequently and through multiple channels. You should be able to simplify complex concepts, strategies and plans for the team and also handle sensitive discussions effectively.
- Highly collaborative. We design systems and solutions that support our business and teams. You must be able to work effectively with leaders across the business to understand and work with the unique circumstances of each, while balancing the long-term needs and goals of the business.
- Experience managing a team. You should have experience hiring, managing, growing and developing a high-performing team that delivers value to our customers (the employees of Wistia) and helps them do their jobs more effectively.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental and vision)
- Up to 16 weeks fully-paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park