Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build IoT security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well. Verkada has raised over $140 million from backers including Sequoia Capital, First Round, Meritech, and Siemens.
We are looking for an exceptional Director of People Operations to join our growing People team and report to our VP of People. This is a great opportunity to have a direct impact on scaling one of the fastest-growing Silicon Valley start-ups while leading a team that supports and executes on all stages of the employee lifecycle. You welcome a challenge, love to problem-solve, and thrive in an environment with high impact and visibility. Passionate about all things “People,” you’ll be building and implementing strategies that maximize the efficiency of our processes and programs.
- Own the design, implementation, optimization, and management of all People processes, workflows, systems and third-party vendor relationships. Automate our processes and scale for growth.
- Drive cross-company programs to benefit our entire employee base including our leave programs, onboarding, offboarding, performance management.
- Align within and across the People function as a key business partner to execute, deliver, and support business objectives, strategy and growth.
- You will oversee the Benefits Program including end-to-end open enrollment, benefits renewal, LOA, Covid compliance, company-specific perks, management, and benefits compliance.
- Analyze data across a variety of sources to identify trends, patterns, and areas of opportunity.
- Lead the development and training of systems, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Partner with our People Partners to launch company-wide programs and initiatives including employee experience, engagement and recognition, while always thinking about how we can scale these programs.
- Maintain our HRIS system and keep other HR tools and systems up-to-date, ensuring a high level of data integrity.
- Design and develop processes and tools to manage immigration cases and assist with managing active immigration cases, liaising with key stakeholders (immigration counsel, People team (Recruiting + People Partners), employees, and hiring managers.
- Develop HR policies and procedures to mitigate ambiguity and drive self-service.
- Manage the day to day work of the People Operations Associates.
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships with Payroll, Recruiting, Finance, IT, Legal and other stakeholders to drive efficiencies and simplify workflows.
- 8+ years of Operations/HR experience.
- International employment/labor law, HR administration, organizational development, staffing, project management.
- Significant project/program management experience related to the implementation of new platforms.
- Used Tools such as GoodHire, Lever, CultureAmp, BambooHR (or other HRIS).
- Managing complex, global HR projects, and operationalizing HR policies and strategy.
- Robust experience supporting a multi-country employee base.
- Customer-obsessed and have a demonstrated track record of effective stakeholder management and influence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Ability to effectively communicate with senior management in an efficient manner.
- Outstanding people leader with the ability to attract and retain high talent.
- Excellent project and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
US Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description